Website OYDC Zambia Sports Development Centre
Job Title: Finance Manager
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The purpose of this position is to ensure a high performing finance department through leading the day-to-day management of OYDC Zambia financial operations, accounting systems and financial procedures including the efficient preparation of financial reports for decision making by the Board, management as well as relevant stakeholders and partners. You are responsible for the financial health of OYDC. You will be producing financial reports, directing investment activities, and developing strategies and planning for the long-term financial goals of the organization. It is your job to assist executives in making decisions that affect the organization, a task for which you need analytical ability and excellent communication skills.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within OYDC such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Oversee financial department employees, including financial assistants and accountants
- Where and when needed, contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
- Track the institutional financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the institution
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Review financial data and prepare monthly quarterly and annual reports
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the institution
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Monitor financial details to ensure that legal requirements are met
- Initiate the preparation of budget estimates in order to secure OYDC Zambia finances and programmes
- Monitor recurrent and capital expenditure to ensure adherence to budgets and financial regulations
- Provide input to organizational strategy and develop financial strategic plans and dgets
- Preparation of annual, quarterly and monthly financial forecasts, reports and statements.
- Ensure compliance with statutory obligations and recognized accounting standards and OYDC policies and procedures
- Provide financial and accounting expertise to OYDC
- Monitor annual budget performance across all the funding partners
- Ensure sound financial management and statutory compliance
- Ensure timely preparations of financial reports
Required Attributes, Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum Full ACCA, CIMA, CA Zambia/ZICA or Degree in Accountancy
- A current member of ZICA
- Minimum of five (4-6) years of financial management experience with the ability to make professional decisions in financial accounting and reporting.
- Proven experience of working with grant management regulations and multiple donor-funded requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Good working relationship with other team members
Please indicate the job title in the subject of your e-mail and use your full name and the job title you are applying for as the filename of your application. The application should consist of your letter and CV only, in a single document. Hand-delivered or posted applications will not be accepted note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.