Website Frankfurt Zoological Society Zambia
Frankfurt Zoological Society conserves wildlife and ecosystems focussing on protected areas and outstanding wild places. FZS maintains long-term conservation programmes in Africa, South America, Asia, and Europe. The Africa Programme is FZS’ largest and oldest and is active in five focal countries: The Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe (www.fzs.org).
FZS Zambia (FZS-Z) has been active in the North Luangwa Ecosystem since 1986 and Nsumbu since 2017, working to conserve these globally important wilderness areas. FZS-Z supports effective and efficient protected area management, with a focus on law enforcement and community outreach with a focus on empowering host custodians in GMAs to manage their own resources. Particularly, the North Luangwa Ecosystem Programme (NLCP) has the mission of ‘Linking Livelihoods and Landscapes’. NLCP works using the following strategies:
1. Protect=Conserve=Preserve- This aims to implement robust and adaptive large landscape enforcement tactics and capability to protect, conserve, and preserve wildlife habitats and ecological services;
2. Empower=Educate=Enterprise- This aims to implement creative and beneficial initiatives to empower, educate and deliver enterprise opportunities for neighbouring communities and wider Zambian society;
3. Communicate=Connect=Change- This aims to implement focused messaging to communicate and connect with stakeholders and partners for effective and positive change; and
4. Structure=Systems=Support- This aims to implement a clear and enduring organization and financial structure with efficient systems to support a mentally and physically healthy team.
Learn more at https://fzs.org/en/projects about our conservation programme.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Finance Manager (1 POSITION)
1. Job title:
Finance Manager (FM)
2. Position in the Organisation
The FM reports to the Head of Finance and Administration (HoFA)
A competitive salary will be paid based on qualifications and experience
4. Job Purpose
The Finance Manager will be based in Mpika. He/she will report to the FZS Zambia Head of Finance and Administration on a line function basis and to the Project Manager on a daily operational basis. They will be responsible for all accounting and financial administration of FZS-Zambia sub-office and its associated activities.
1. Maintain well-run office and happy office environment
2. Monitoring of staff Imprest accounts and retirements and producing monthly reports and routine follow ups
3. Monthly reconciliation of cash, bank and expense accounts.
4. Weekly cash reconciliations – cash box to general ledger
5. Maintain and reconcile all financial control records
6. Prepare budget variance reports and highlight and discuss budget overspends
7. Execute financial processes such as: prepare online payments, cash withdrawals from bank,
8. Posting of account transactions in accounts system – Abacus
9. Application, management and review of the LPO book for the USAID project
10. Supervision and liaison of all procurement procedures on the USAID project.
11. Take care of any related bank communications
12. Responsible for own financial management and required to submit a monthly expenses account
13. Ensure office is well run and cost effective (oversight of office expenses)
14. Strict adherence to FZS Financial policies, procedures and manual
15. Strict adherence to donor requirements (especially USAID) and reporting deadlines
16. Effective and accurate filing of documentation for all expenses for donor and audit purposes
17. Reconcile and post the workshop cost reallocations to various projects
18. Preparation and participation for annual financial audit and periodic donor audit as required.
Capabilities, competencies and experience needed
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, ZICA) or Master’s level degree (preferred) in accounting and or Business administration
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to facilitate communication between different stakeholders
- At least 5 years of experience in an accounting/financial/ administrative role
- Advanced experience with accounting and business software such as Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines and motivate others to meet deadlines
- Analytical skills, excellent attention to detail as well as ability to keep overview
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English required
- Project Activity Reports and day to day activities and programmes
- Problems/setbacks relating to the project and relationship issues pertaining to key relationships
- All project procurements, expenditures, receipts for all expenditures, Petty Cash Account
- 6-monthly review on strategies and work plans
- Head – Finance and administration – financial and daily operations
- Chief of Party – USAID – project activity and financial reports
6. Behavioural Competencies
- Teamwork: Cooperate, support and work well with others to achieve project goals. Share information, and contribute effectively to FZS` objectives and solving problems.
- Planning and organising: Plan and organise complex activities and work on multiple tasks. Determine actions, time frames and required resources for projects and monitor progress. Set goals and budget estimates effectively, and manage time effectively.
- Problem analysis: Pointing out problems, recognising important information and establishing connections between various data. Tracing potential causes for problems.
- Initiative: Recognising opportunities and acting on them. Pro-active, self-starting rather than passively accepting; actively influences events.
Only candidates who meet the specified qualifications should apply. Please submit an application with the following:
1. Cover Letter – 1-page description of why you are suitable for the Finance Manager role
2. Curriculum Vitae (CV) – 4 pages describing your experience, qualifications and 3 traceable referees.
Send via email the stated documentation only (5 pages) (NO NRCs, NO Driving Licences, NO certificates) to [email protected] make sure to indicate in the email subject line the position you are applying for or drop your applications at the Frankfurt Zoological Society / Department of National Parks and Wildlife Offices in Mpika.
Applications should be addressed to: The Head of Finance and Administration, Frankfurt Zoological Society Zambia, P.O Box 450189, Mpika.
Closing Date: 4th October 2021 at 23:59.
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. FZS-NLCP is an equal opportunity employer, and everyone is free to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.