John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Job Title: Finance & Operations Manager
Department/Unit: Finance & Administration
Location: Copperbelt, Zambia
Duration: Full-Time position
Reports to: Regional Director, Copperbelt (with guidance from the Director of Finance & Administration, Lusaka)
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program will employ private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365 and PharmAccess.
JSH seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate for the position of Finance & Operations Manager to be based in Copperbelt province, Zambia. S/he will manage the Copperbelt office finance and operations team and work closely with the program team in the Copperbelt office as well as with Lusaka colleagues. This position will report to the Regional Director, Copperbelt with guidance and support from the Lusaka-based Director of Finance & Administration to help in achieving the project’s goals and objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct supervision to the Copperbelt-based finance & operations team, including Finance Officer, HR Officer, Operations Officer, Office Assistant and Drivers, including development of individual roles and responsibilities, definition of tasks, development and documentation of professional development plans, and conducting performance appraisals with supervisee(s).
- Oversee finance, operations, and human resources activities for the ZAM-Health Copperbelt office.
- Oversee financial management and expenditures in the Copperbelt office including providing financial and compliance guidance during the work plan budgeting process.
- Ensure that the Chart of Accounts, Finance, Operations and Employee Manuals and related forms are followed and train staff on use.
- Manage budget tracking and cash flow projections and prepare routine financial reports (monthly, quarterly, annual) for the Copperbelt office.
- Manage relationship with the bank for ZAM-Health accounts for any bank accounts in Copperbelt.
- Implement and monitor effective financial management systems and rigorous internal controls to ensure that all financial reporting is accurate, cost efficient and transparent, ensuring compliance with USG rules and regulations, JSH policy and local laws at all times.
- Oversee operations areas including office administration, filing, procurement activities and fleet management.
- Oversee human resources including recruitment support, maintaining appropriate files and managing any HR-related issues in coordination with the Lusaka HR Manager.
- Support Operations Officer in vehicle scheduling and driver management in the Copperbelt office including vehicle fuel and maintenance analysis.
- Ensure inventory is kept up to date for office furnishings and equipment.
- Manage funds at local bank account, including balance monitoring, daily transaction posting and reconciliations, and approve expenditures in accordance with JSH and donor procedures, cost principles, and regulations.
- Oversee monthly financial reporting ensuring accuracy, completeness, compliance and timeliness including: review of the Quickbooks database, review of the sample Quickbooks vouchers, perform bank account reconciliation, and perform petty cash reconciliation.
- Ensure management in the level of outstanding advances.
- Implement and adhere to JSH’s personnel, finance, operations and fraud management policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Regional Director or other senior staff.
- Bachelor’s in finance, accounting, business, economics or related field with a minimum of 10 years direct work experience in financial, operations or contracts management in Zambia with senior-level responsibility for project administration and finance.
- ACCA Part III/CIMA Part III
- Demonstrated experience with USG, USAID, and/or PEPFAR funding rules and regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Proven record of systems strengthening and internal controls
- Ability to take initiative and work and lead teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
Supervision and Reporting:
This position will work under the direct supervision of the Copperbelt Regional Director with guidance and support from the Lusaka-based Director of Finance & Administration.
Mode of Application:
Send an application via email ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: June 30, 2021
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.