Job Title: Finance & Administration Manager
Reporting to: Country Director, Zambia
WeForest is a fast-growing international non-profit association headquartered in Belgium and with current projects in Brazil, Ethiopia, India, Tanzania, Malawi, Senegal and Zambia. The mission of the organization is to advance innovative, scalable and lasting solutions to restore forest and landscapes for climate, people and planet. We promote scientific evidence for the ways in which forests contribute to climate change mitigation, beyond their impacts as stocks of carbon, by increasing water availability, enhancing local cooling and improve rural livelihood and resilience.
WeForest is hereby hiring an experienced Finance and Administration Manager, who will be responsible for all financial, strategic and related administrative matters of WeForest Zambia and will support the team in facilitating forest and landscape restoration programs at country level. The Finance and Administration Manager will report to, and work closely with, the Country Director and will manage directly the different finance officers at the branch offices. The role also has a dotted line reporting to WeForest’s Chief Finance & Administration Officer at the Headquarters, to ensure alignment with the global Finance and HR strategic needs and policies.
The Finance and Admin manager drives the relevant Finance strategies and policies to support the growth of the organization. Key responsibilities include:
1. Check and sign cash and bank, payroll and other reconciliations on monthly basis.
2. Examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards;
3. Ensure accounting records are accurate, and with all relevant information (donor and activity information)
4. Ensure tax requirements are met.
Auditing and Controlling
1. Manage financial controls and ensure their implementation.
2. Identify potential gaps and develop new controls
3. Facilitate Internal and External Audits.
Budgeting and Financial Reporting
1. Prepare accurate and timely financial reports (Profit & Loss, Reconciliation & Balance Sheet and Cash flow statements) for WeForest Zambia office, and WeForest headquarters.
2. In collaboration with the teams, develop multi-annual budgets, and analyze quarterly budget follow up
3. Provide grant & donor financial reporting
4. Prepare cost analyses for efficiency & pricing reviews
5. Excellent record-keeping, both digitally and paper-based, keeping confidentially in mind.
1. Support current and future organizational needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
2. Maintain pay plan and benefits program
1. Activation and assessment of insurances, contracting and administrating services, in accordance to the institution’s standards and policies.
2. Responsible for country ethical legal and statutory compliance.
3. Optimize internal control procedures.
1. Supervise procurement of project goods and services approved by the office.
2. Ensure procurement policies (e.g. approval matrix) are being followed.
- Relevant degree in Finance, business management or accounting. Extra qualifications in coaching or ethics management is a plus.
- 5 years of relevant managerial experience with similar responsibilities.
- Excellent communication, bookkeeping and people skills.
- Competent with Microsoft Office applications, accounting packages and other relevant computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Zambian labor law, payroll and employment act is a must
- NGO experience preferable.
- Fluent in English and Bemba, both oral and in writing
- And… Since WeForest is still a small organisation, very hands-on!
Terms & Conditions
Position: Full-time employee, 5 or 6 days per week.
Base: at Mpongwe Boma, Copperbelt, Zambia
Start date: As soon as possible, preferably by mid September
Package: Competitive package for a small organization, level 4 salary (approx. 20,000 ZMW gross monthly)
Please send applications to [email protected] with your CV, a motivation letter, and 2 recent references by August 29th 2021.
Make sure to mention the job title in the subject of the email, and to indicate where you saw the job post. In your motivation letter, we’d love to read about what makes you interested to work with WeForest.
Due to the anticipated high number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We thank you in advance for your interest.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.