Undikumbukire Project Zambia
INTERNSHIP JOB DESCRIPTION:
Finance & Admin Intern
Introduction: Undikumbukire Project Zambia (UP Zambia) is a specialist provider of legal and social services to juveniles in conflict with the law, providing legal assistance to hundreds of juveniles each year and visiting facilities across 4 provinces on a regular basis.
To provide logistical & financial management support to various departments /units for efficient operations of the country Office. This internship is for a period of three months.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Arranging of bookings for trainings, meetings, workshops, staff travels, etc.
- Support the office orientation for new employees
- Receive, count, & verify procurements, ensure all items are accounted for, and the process is properly documented
- Issuing & replenishing with proper documentation & ensuring that sufficient stock levels of office supplies are maintained
- Ensure teams are adequately supported in terms of supplies, transport etc. especially teams operating away from the office.
- Support in managing in-kind donations received
- Maintain an organized staff pick up & travel schedule 2. Financial Management
- Assist with logging & filling of documents, personal files, payments & staff retirements etc.
- Timely receipting & banking of cash received
- Checking & review of staff float retirements.
- Track all staff floats, make follow ups & ensure that they are retired on time.
- Updating & maintaining the Company’s asset register & ensure proper handover of equipment by staff separating
- Assist in preparing all documentation for the annual audit.
- Act as a bank agent
- Performing such acts and providing such services as may from time to time be communicated to you by the Accountant or Executive Director.
Line Management: Accountant
Skills, Experience & Personal Attributes:
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree Accounting and or Business Administration
- Knowledge in stock management will be an added advantage
- Strong organizational skills & detail oriented
- Strong time management skills
- Must be able to work with little supervision & as part of a team
- Strong knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs
To apply, send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com with subject line “Finance & Admin Intern” by 16th July 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.