Workers Compensation Fund Control Board
The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board (WCFCB) is a social security scheme responsible for compensating workers in respect of accidents suffered and diseases contracted during the course of employment in accordance with the provisions of the Workers’ Compensation Act No. 10 of 1999 of the Laws of Zambia.
The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian citizens to fill the following vacant position.
Filing Clerk – Head Office (x1)
- Add new material to file records, and create new records as necessary
- Answer questions about records and files.
- Assign and record or stamp identification numbers or codes in order to index materials for filing.
- Eliminate outdated or unnecessary materials, destroying them or transferring them to inactive storage according to file maintenance guidelines and/or legal requirements.
- Enter document identification codes into systems in order to determine locations of documents to be retrieved.
- Find and retrieve information from files in response to requests from authorized users
- Keep records of materials filed or removed, using logbooks or computer
- Modify and improve filing systems, or implement new filing systems.
- Perform periodic inspections of materials or files in order to ensure correct placement, legibility, and proper condition
- Place materials into storage receptacles, such as cabinets, boxes, bins, or drawers, according to classification and identification information.
- Scan or read incoming materials in order to determine how and where they should be classified or filed.
- Sort or classify information according to guidelines such as content, purpose, user criteria, or chronological, alphabetical order.
- Track materials removed from files in order to ensure that borrowed files are returned
- Convert documents to films for storage on microforms or microfiche.
- Design forms related to filing systems
- Gather materials to be filed from departments and employees
- Operate mechanized files that rotate to bring needed records to a particular location
- Perform general office duties such as typing, operating office machines, and sorting mail.
- Retrieve documents stored in microfilm or microfiche and place them in viewers for reading
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate with five (5) credits or better including mathematics and English.
- Certificate in Library and Information Science or Records Management
- At least two (2) years relevant experience.
- Must be a member of the Zambia Library Association
- Numerical and interpersonal skills
- Good personal organization
- Computer literacy
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable referees, certified copies of all relevant academic and Professional certificates, copy of National Registration Card (NRC) or Passport to support your application with contact details indicating day time telephone/mobile numbers should be submitted to the following address later than 4th June, 2021.
Please note that you DO NOT need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum job requirements and note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
Manager – Human Resources and Administration
Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board
Corner Broadway / Moffat Road
P.O. Box 71534