Website Innovation Africa
Seeking Hard-Working, Dedicated Problem-Solvers
Field Officer in Zambia
Innovation: Africa is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization is a team of dedicated problem solvers with a mission to bring solutions and know-how to those in need living in rural African villages. We use solar energy to pump clean water and provide schools, orphanages and medical clinics with light and refrigeration to store vaccines and medicines. iA has completed more than 1000 solar, water and agricultural projects, providing light, clean water, food and proper medical care to 4.2 million people in Ethiopia, Tanzania, Malawi, South Africa, Uganda, Cameroon, Senegal and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
We are seeking a highly trained and qualified individual to be our field officer in Zambia. The Field Officer is part of the Program Team and is responsible for implementing Innovation: Africa’s field project activities. The Field Officer works under the supervision of the Project Manager and will support activities related to the identification and implementation for new projects in Zambia and shall be responsible for tasks related to selection of beneficiaries, implementation, reporting and liaison with the community. You will regularly report progress and weekly activity report, share the number of beneficiaries reached and actively engage in community coordination and sensitization. Candidates should expect to travel to the field to search for new projects, oversee the construction for on-going projects and monitor projects already established.
Local Project Manager & Country Director in Israel
- Oversee all operations in-field throughout the solar water project’s lifespan: prospective project search, project construction/implementation and monitoring and Evaluation
- Appropriately sensitize the communities, establishing steering committees.
- Support the Project Manager in managing relationships with municipal officers.
- Send updates and reports to international management team of construction for on-going projects and monitor projects already established.
The ideal candidate is a dedicated team-player with community project experience. Detail orientation, problem-solving, and passion for human development are a must. Those with a Bachelor’s Degree are encouraged to apply. If you’re the right person for this position, you will have general knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Commensurate with experience. Health Insurance and other benefits included.
- A minimum of 5 years’ previous experience working in the sector of community development
- Good computer skills, including email and office software
- Driver’s license
- Ability to commit to flexible working hours
- High proficiency in English; both writing and speaking
- Educational background in international development or community development is a benefit.
As an international organization, our team is spread out between NY, Israel and Africa, and team members are constantly on the move. We strive to use technology solutions to keep our staff in close contact despite our travel schedules, and are all frequently on the phone, on Zoom, Slack and more. This position requires the ability to keep up with this fast paced environment, and to be comfortable working with colleagues across time zones and continents.
Please send your cover letter and CV as a single PDF attachment to [email protected] . Please make the file name your full name.