Job Title: Field Instrumentation Specialist
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Liaise with Senior Instrumentation Technician, Instrumentation Technicians and other Instrumentation Supervisor in order to provide a full range of Instrumentation Services / Support to Production, Processing Team
- MHS Appointee: 216 Electrical Engineer
- Installation, fault finding and replacement of instrumentation equipment in area of responsibility – ensuring that both Company and Vendor Safety and quality standards are adhered to, whilst ensuring minimum disruption to the process plant operation or production
- Perform fault analysis in order to eliminate re-occurrences of repetitive faults and improve process efficiency
- An understanding of the control narratives / P&ID’s / PFD’s / all other related instrumentation drawings of the pyro-metallurgical processing plant in relation to the instrumentation equipment installed
- Have an understanding and knowledge of the installed instrumentation equipment and latest instrumentation technology and must have the ability to setup / configure / maintain and perform fault finding on the installed instrumentation equipment
- Adherence to the Company planned and preventative maintenance schedules and procedures
- Execute / co-ordinate all instrumentation maintenance schedules in area of responsibility
- Keeping record of all instrumentation log sheets in area of responsibility and provide feedback to direct line manager
- Ensure the correct and safe usage of all workshop tools and PPE. Apply and practice correct and safe working principles and standards during all instrumentation maintenance tasks
- Adhering to all Statutory Compliance Regulations and Procedures, as per MHS Regulations, implementing and executing Audits and Reviews – Instrumentation ( Nuclear, Oxygen Equipment )
- Compile / implement / review all instrumentation task procedures and risk assessments
- Conducts daily or regular inspection of the processing plant in relation to the instrumentation equipment installed and creating work schedules accordingly
- Be a team player in the instrumentation section and comply with all KMP health and safety requirements and promoting the FQM Way, Standards and Procedures
- Liaising with Senior Supervisors, Instrumentation Technicians and other Operational / Technical and Engineering disciplines in order to provide a full range of Control & Instrumentation Services / Support to Production, Processing Team, and other Engineering Teams.
- Cost / Equipment management of the instrumentation section, including:
- Manage / align / control costs of area specific instrumentation section according to the operational business plan
- Manage critical spares and control stock level
- Prepare and estimates materials, tools, equipment, consumables and spare parts necessary to execute projects received from either operations or from all other discipline in coordination with the planning section of smelter department
- Vendor and contract management of the instrumentation section, including: Ensure adequate record keeping of all Company and Vendor related documentation
- Adherence to the Government / FQM Skills Development and Knowledge Transfer and the active participation in the Personal Development Plans of Zambian Colleagues and Sub-Ordinate
- Other duties, as per instruction from direct line manager
- Degree in Instrumentation/Electronics
- A Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience within Instrumentation on Processing Plants. Experience in a Pyrometallurgical environment will be an advantage.
- Experience on Ethernet Networks, Profibus DP, Profibus PA, Modbus will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of PLC hardware, preferably on Siemens S7 PLC Systems will be an advantage.
- Experience in Siemens light voltage control systems and Siemens Simocodes will be an advantage.
- Previous experience in IGBT controlled PWM Variable Speed Drives will be an advantage.
- Experience and Knowledge of Historical Database ( OSI PI ) will be an advantage.
To apply for this job please visit www.first-quantum.com.