Innovations for Poverty Action
POSITION: Field Enumerators x 35
DEADLINE: Applications reviewed on a rolling basis
DURATION: 1 Month
START DATE: ASAP
LOCATION: All Ten Provinces in Zambia
ELIGIBILITY: Local hire only
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a non-profit organization that creates and evaluates solutions to social and development problems and works to scale up successful ideas through implementation and dissemination to policy makers, practitioners, investors, and donors.
IPA is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual with outstanding data collection, people management and communication skills as a Field Officer to support the implementation of a primary-grade remedial education research project. The Field Officer will be responsible for collecting data by using various data collection methods. He/she has direct contact with participants and have a significant bearing on the quality of data collected and ultimately on the quality of data output. Below is a list of some of the general duties and responsibilities of the Enumerator, to be carried out as needed according to the determination of the Field Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Explaining project objectives and obtaining informed consent from all respondents before data and sample collections.
- Collect and record data from the field through in-person interviews, and conducting focus group discussions.
- Submit completed tasks to the supervisor and discuss developments daily
- Review data gathered from an interview to check if they are complete and accurate.
- Report any complication during data collection to the Field Manage as soon as he/she identifies the problem.
- Keep all data collecting instruments safely and securely.
- Effectively communicate the research to all participants in an easy-to-understand language.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of a diploma is required.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude and interacting well with respondents.
- Proficiency in written and oral communication in English and any of the 7 official languages.
- Previous experience with SurveyCTO is preferred but NOT mandatory.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Previous experience in conducting field surveys/focus group discussions involving high-level respondents is an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: Ability to respectfully engage people in public
- Attention to detail and strong note-taking skills.
- Must have basic knowledge of how to use Microsoft office tools, especially Word and Excel.
- He/she must be physically fit
- Good listening and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed on a ROLLING BASIS.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Field Officers, IPA Zambia. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA Zambia will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA Zambia.