Liquid Intelligent Technologies Zambia
Job Title: Fibre Network Planning and Implementation Engineer
The Network Planning Engineer plans, designs, supports the implementation of network infrastructure, and maintains records of all projects.
Fibre network design and planning
- Assists with pre-sales’ activities for customer Fibre optic network design
- Carries out network planning and design activities for FTTx, GPON, Metro and Long-distance fibre optic networks
- Provides technical expertise and guidance in Fibre planning and design
- Updates and maintains up to date records of deployed fibre optic networks in the network inventory management tool
- Uses the information to plan for network expansion as well as traffic diversion when necessary to ensure adequate capacity for growth as well as to assure network resilience.
- Responsible for the planning and implementing fibre optic network projects including new builds, customer connections, network upgrades as well as fibre optic network diversions.
- Manages fibre optic project implementation from start to finish, using appropriate project management software to prioritize and schedule project tasks, track deliverables, and manage resources.
- Will be required to manage custom implementation projects for our customers.
- Responsible for Stakeholder management during project implementation
- Develops and implements initiatives meant to reduce implementation costs and timelines while improving delivery quality.
- Must have experience in optical fibre network design
- Must demonstrate expert knowledge of one or more network design and inventory tools such as AutoCAD, Smallworld, Connect Master, ArcGIS, Cramer etc.
- Solid understanding of outside plant design principles and cost drivers
- Experience in Developing drafts, high level as well as low level designs and Documenting As-built diagrams
- Experience with obtaining municipal, regulatory, and other stakeholder permits for network deployment
- An established network of contacts in the Fibre deployment industry.
- Expert knowledge in FTTX, GPON, Long distance and metro Fibre network design
- Must have demonstrable project management experience.
- Ability to manage and gain customer confidence during network deployment
Academic and other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunication/Electrical Engineering/Computer Science
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia is essential
- Member of a recognized project management Institute is desirable
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the roles highlighted above.
Please forward your Application and CV to [email protected], clearly indicating the title of the Job applied for.
Closing date for all applications is Friday 15th April 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.