Global Health Corps
Global Health Corps (GHC) mobilizes a global community of emerging leaders to build the movement for health equity. GHC believes young leaders with diverse backgrounds and a deep commitment to collaboration, innovation, and social justice are going to revolutionize how the world tackles its toughest health challenges.
Through a competitive recruitment process, we identify daring and innovative university graduates and early- to mid-career professionals from around the world and pair them with amazing partner organizations and government agencies in the US, East Africa, and Southern Africa. Our fellows spend a year in their placement devoting their unstoppable energy to making the world a healthier place for all people, everywhere.
Fellows convene throughout the year for additional training, community building, leadership development, and mentorship in order to become audacious, resilient, and highly-networked changemakers. Since its founding in 2009, GHC has supported over 1000 fellows working at various levels of the health system, across issue areas and across continents.
GHC is looking for a Fellowship Admissions Coordinator to join our global team! The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, relationship builder and project manager who is passionate about the recruiting and selection for Global Health Corps’ fellowship program. Reporting to the Admissions and Operations Manager, the Fellowship Admissions Coordinator brings a solutions-oriented and client service mindset to their work, and thrives in a collaborative team environment. The Fellowship Admissions Coordinator is excited and committed to join the Fellowship team that supports GHC’s vision of training and mobilizing a diverse community of health leaders.
In addition to the primary buckets of work below, the Fellowship Admissions Coordinator may also support a range of programmatic tasks as needed, such as fellow and partner workshop logistics, vendor management, partner selection, etc.
Coordinate the fellowship recruitment process
- Implement the recruitment strategy for the new fellowship model recruiting international applicants from sub-Saharan Africa, including:
- Targeted outreach and relationship building with GHC alumni and external contacts to promote fellowship roles
- Advertising GHC fellowship roles on strategic job boards and other platforms
- Tracking and analyzing previous years’ recruitment data and real-time application numbers to inform recruitment strategy
- Revise external promotional materials (fliers, PowerPoints, etc.)
- Coordinate with country program staff to support recruitment of national applicants in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, and Zambia
- Track spending in accordance with global recruitment budget
Support the fellowship application review process
- Update applicant and reviewer materials for each new fellowship class, including application forms, reviewer training PowerPoints and videos, and evaluation materials
- Manage external communications related to the fellow selection process, including our customer service email account, applicant status updates, and certain webpage content
- Support preparations for and execution of each round of application review, including recruiting, training, and monitoring progress of application reviewers
- Create and maintain how-to guides to institutionalize knowledge for the Selection Team
- Participate in M&E activities for the fellowship selection process, including goal-setting, tracking progress, analyzing survey and applicant data, etc.
Coordinate booking international travel for fellows
- Update and execute the Fellow Travel Policy
- Coordinate with a travel agency to book fellow flights for Training Institute and the End of Year Retreat
- 2-3 years relevant work experience
- Experience taking initiative to build and steward external partner relationships
- Experience in project management with the ability to translate big picture strategic priorities into project plans
- Proficiency in Excel functions such as filters, simple formulas, conditional formatting, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to summarize and present technical material in a clear, succinct, and organized manner for lay audiences
- Customer service mindset in interactions and creating materials
- Problem-solving skills and ability to learn new technologies and content areas quickly
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks to maximize time without sacrificing quality
- At least 1 year of experience using a relational or CRM database to collect, update, or report on data
- Experience creating external communication materials, such as email templates or website content
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing plans and priorities
Our Philosophy and Benefits
Global Health Corps is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or other characteristics or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
We embrace and value diverse skill sets and backgrounds. We are a community of leaders who are proud to represent many different national, racial, ethnic, socio-economic, religious, gender, and other identities. We represent varied professional backgrounds, collaborating across fields and sectors to form a powerful, close-knit network of changemakers. Our diversity as a community is our strength, driving our ability to be empathetic, visionary, and effective leaders in the health equity movement, and engage with the world with dignity and respect.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.