M'simbi Group Limited
Job Title: Fashion Designer/Design Manager
M’simbi Stores is a Zambian owned retail company with 5 store locations. We are now hiring a Fashion Designer to help us keep growing. If you’re interested to be part of a winning team, M’simbi Stores is a perfect place. You’ll be glad you applied!
General Description of position:
The Fashion Designer will design and assist with the production of clothing, and accessories, identify trends, and select styles, fabrics, colors, prints and trims for M’simbi Store’s ready-to-wear clothing. Ideal candidates have outstanding business acumen and are creative geniuses
Specific Responsibilities :
- Managing the design process from conception through to final styling for all brands under the store.
- • Conducting market research to identify new trends in fabrics, colors, shapes ,techniques, and seeking design inspiration in line with brand target audiences.
- Collaborating with sales team and other team members to select seasonal themes.
- Ensuring products are in agreement with M’simbi Stores business strategy.
- Selecting fabrics and trims.
- Creating production sketches/technical flats for development packages (Tech packs)
- Pattern making and grading into various sizes/collaborating with pattern makers to create accurate patterns for mass production.
- Presenting story, mood, color boards, and samples to management for approval.
- Work with production team sample makers to see if the design is feasible
- Supervise sample makers
- Fashion design qualification or Self-taught proven fashion designer.
- Incredible attention to detail is a MUST.
- An eye for color, texture and pattern
- Ability to do sketch by hand or computer
- Excellent design and conceptual skills.
- Excellent sense of style and color.
- Enjoys following trends in fashion and clothing.
- Enjoys fabric sourcing
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and willingness to go the extra mile
- Ability to work minimum two seasons ahead
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Adobe Illustrator is desirable
- Ability to with work with minimal supervision
- Ability to collaborate with other designers and pattern makers
Salary and Other Benefits:
These will be negotiated once the right candidate is identified
For this job It helps to have an interest in:
- Trends in fashion and clothing
- Art and design
- Fabric sourcing
Interested? Apply to [email protected] with the subject Fashion Designer. For more details contact Hope on +260-096-0580036
Find Zambia Jobs – The best Job board for jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.