Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for experienced and vibrant self-starters to fill the following positions:
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (LUSAKA) – FIXED TERM CONTRACT
The position holder will provide Executive, Administrative and Operations support to the Country Director’s office and will work closely with the Supply Chain Manager and all the Country Director’s supervisees. The post holder reports to the Country Director (CD) with a dotted line to the Supply Chain Manager.
- To provide administrative and programmatic support to the CD and in his/her absence to the Nominee.
- Ensures that a comprehensive diary is maintained and communicated well in advance with logistical arrangements.
- Provide logistical and programmatic support to Director of Operations and Program Director and anyone else at the discretion of the CD.
- Act as the initial contact point for the Country Director’s Office.
- To co-ordinate, monitor and make travel and logistical arrangements for the CD and other senior directors.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of briefing information for the CD relating to travel/conferences, working closely with departmental colleagues as appropriate.
- Provide back-up support to ensure the effective and timely response to requests from Donors, other NGOs, press and media, staff and partners of Plan.
- Direct requests for information or assistance from outside bodies to staff as appropriate. Ensure action is taken and that good public relations are maintained.
- To provide logistical and administrative support for the organization of seminars, meetings, workshops, conferences, and training sessions organised through the CD’s office.
- To manage all office expenses to support the CD’s office, and raise the necessary request for purchase requisitions.
- Preparation of invitation/visa letters where applicable for visitors to enable them acquire visas either prior or upon arrival at the airport.
- To implement and maintain robust office systems including filing and record keeping for the CD’s office.
- Coordinating documentation to CD’s office requiring signature.
- Diploma / Degree in Business Administration or Social Sciences.
- Minimum three (3) years’ of relevant working experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience in providing high quality administrative and personal assistant services to senior level staff.
- Possess proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess interpersonal and customer service skills with people at a range of levels from a variety of social and cultural backgrounds.
- Assertive and pro-active, with the ability to work on own initiative with little to no supervision.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to identify key points from complex material or information.
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to make judgement as to when to take the initiative on the CD’s behalf.
- Excellent time management skills. The post-holder will need to manage their own time well and the time of the CD.
- Demonstrated personal integrity and ability to deal with sensitive and/or sensitive issues with tact, and diplomacy while maintain complete discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to cope with varying workloads and interruptions and to organize activities to provide efficient services.
- Experience with an INGO in a similar role.
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of NRC, Qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to email@example.com. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply and applications should reach the undersigned not later than 10th June, 2021, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.