Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC)
Position: ERP & Systems Specialist (Short Term Contract)
Lumwana Mine, Kalumbila, Zambia.
Reporting to: Coordinator – ERP & Systems
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the Northwestern region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of ERP & Systems Specialist.
Reporting to the Coordinator – ERP & Systems, you will be responsible for supporting and training of all activities related to Enterprise systems and other business enabling applications. Conduct requirements engineering, designing and implementation of business applications. Participate in ongoing projects involving an evaluation of different options for departmental systems to suite the different departmental requirements and integrate into the Barrick IMT Enterprise Architecture.
- Administration of the Pronto Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System and Business Intelligence systems such as Qlikview, Cognos, Share Point Performance Point and MS SQL Business Intelligence
- Responsible for all Server based Departmental Information Systems including the SQL Server Infrastructure
- Support and manage Pronto disaster recovery systems as per ITGCs
- Perform routine maintenance and error checking required to keep the existing systems operational.
- Provide application and business process level support for ERP system.
- Support VMI (Vendor Managed Inventory) Systems
- Linux / Unix system administration
- Provide Business Analysis on new requirements, functional and technical support on Plant Maintenance, Sales Order, Supply Chain, Inventory, GL, Projects and Purchasing modules.
- Running monthly integrity’s and clears integrity issues between GL, Inventory, Sales Orders, Purchase Orders and Project Modules.
- Creation and administration of PO / RFQ / Pick Slip Layout’s for Supply Chain and Remittance Layout’s for AP
- Management of change request process for all Pronto XI system changes for both internal customers as well as changes made by our Reseller.
- Log and track ERP software faults/ user requests as required with the vendor following existing procedures.
Experience & Qualifications
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Finance or equivalent qualification
- Minimum experience of 2 years in IT function.
- Experience in business intelligence systems analysis, design, development and implementation.
- Experience in Pronto and / or other ERP applications
- Familiar with Supply Chain, Maintenance and Finance Business Processes
- Experience in relational database systems (SQL Server 2012 or later, Oracle 9i, 10g and 11g).
- Prior System Administration will be an added advantage.
- ITIL Foundation and Prince 2 Certifications will be an added advantage.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
Lumwana Mine does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com.