China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC)
Job Title: Environmental Officer
China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (Zambia) Limited (CCECC) are looking for experienced environmental Officer. You are to be based in Mwense and Kawamba Luapula province. Elected candidate will be expected to manage projects, and provide technical advice as subject matter expert.
Reporting to the Coordinator Environment, you will be responsible for planning, management, coordination, supervision, research, and monitoring of all biodiversity activities, to ensure efficient and timely delivery of program goals, objectives, and targets. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Facilitate the implementation and the maintenance of an effective operational biodiversity strategy.
- Maintain a risk management process within the operation to minimize the biodiversity risk profile and maximize the realization of opportunity for the operation; evaluate, analyse, plan, and coordinate the implementation of interventions to address emerging biodiversity risks.
- Drive continual improvement through best practice identification and innovative solutions.
- Monitor and report on biodiversity performance; ensure data integrity in the data management systems.
- Define biodiversity Key Performance Indicators and set performance targets for the operation in line with the corporate targets; report on performance and ensure data integrity in the data management systems.
- Provide assurance against biodiversity standards.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with all key stakeholders and partners to ensure achievement of business objectives.
- Develop and implement biodiversity related training programs across the site where a need is identified.
- Prepare written reports as required, briefs for projects and or services, policies, and management plans.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
Safety Officer Requirements and Qualification
- Degree in Environmental related science such as Botany, Zoology, Wildlife, Natural Resources Management or equivalent from a recognized University
- A minimum of at least3 years post qualification experience preferably in natural resources management field.
- Working knowledge of ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and ISO 45001:2018 Health and Safety Management System.
- Proven ability to deliver results and act as a change agent.
- Demonstrated application of continuous improvement ideas.
Interested applicants should send their application letters, academic and professional qualifications and detailed curriculum vitae with all your contact details and email address not later than 13th June 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.