Barrick Gold Corporation
About the job
Lumwana Mining Company seeks to recruit highly motivated and committed individuals for the position of Environmental Intern to join the versatile Environmental team. We are in search of individuals who can champion Barrick’s DNA by:
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable
- Committing to Zero Harm
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships
If you’re ready to contribute to our world-class team while embracing these values, we encourage you to apply and become a valued member of our diverse workforce.
Reporting to the Environmental Coordinator, you will be assigned on a day-to-day basis tasks associated with the specifics outlined in the duties below and ensuring these are completed in a timely manner.
Your duties & Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following: –
- Participate in water sampling activities , rehabilitation programs and waste management.
- Contribute to the development of reports on key environmental indicators.
- Work with the team to implement sustainable practices and initiatives
- Assist in maintaining and updating environmental management system documentation
- Undertake one improvement project from planning to execution within the specified time frame
To be considered for the position, the applicant must have the following.
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate
- Holder of bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Biology, Forestry or equivalent
- Must have completed not more than 3 years ago
- Holder of valid Zambian Drivers Licence
- Must have good communication skills in the English language
- Able to adapt to safe working practices
What We Can Offer You
- A compensation package
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues
Applicants that meet the above stated requirements are invited to submit their CVs to the Job Portal link: http://jobs.barrick.com/.
Barrick has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management.
Barrick offers employment opportunities to both qualified women and men.
Women who meet the above qualification are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 21 st February 2024. If you are not contacted by HR department within 30 days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
Lumwana Mining Company does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process