Mabiza Resources Limited
Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is located in the Mazabuka District, 80kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly-owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world-class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision, Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of:
1. Role: Engineering Superintendent Mechanical
Reporting: Engineering Manager
Job Purpose: To effectively manage all mechanical work for mobile and fixed plant and associated infrastructure.
- To support the Engineering Manager in the execution of his functions on all mobile and fixed plant and associated infrastructure.
- Holding the Mining Regulations legal appointment 210(1) as Mechanical Engineer and Environmental Regulation 3(2).
- Ensuring implementation of safety and health policies and practices in line with company requirements and compliance with legislation.
- Ensuring that all mobile and fixed plant infrastructure and civil work operations are in line with the requirements of the company to meet all OHSE objectives.
- Ensuring all procedures, processes, and systems in use in undertaking works are in line with company policy direction.
- Ensuring that all tools and equipment are well secured, in good order, and available for use.
- Ensuring that sufficient planning and scheduling is undertaken for all lined-up jobs/tasks.
- Ensuring that all relevant equipment commissioning, service, operation, maintenance, and repair are executed to the highest acceptable standards.
- Workshop facilities are maintained at the required standard.
- Monitoring and controlling expenditure to ensure that all operations are executed efficiently.
- Controlling all resources deployed to Capital Projects to ensure effective delivery of projects on time, quality, and costs within budget.
- Management of engineering operational and capital expenditure within budget.
- Ensuring full compliance with all safety, health, environmental, and quality regulations and standards.
- Responsible for repairs and maintenance works to be within budgets.
- Establishment and implementation of relevant engineering standards and procedures.
- Contract and contractor management.
- Ensuring that all tools and equipment are well secured and available for production
- Work within cross-functional teams and coach, mentor supervise, and lead direct reports.
2. Skills & Qualifications:
- Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Degree in Mechanical engineering from a recognized institute.
- Ten (10) Years’ Experience with at least five (05) Years in management.
- Experience in a working environment at a Mining & Processing facility.
- Computer literate (i.e. MS Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Experience in a highly mechanized mining environment is an advantage.
- Certificates in project management and management practice are an added advantage.
- Higher degree at the master’s level is an absolute advantage.
- Full Member of EIZ.
- People Management.
MRL offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to
HR Business Partner
Mabiza Resources Limited
Closing Date: 12th April 2021
Find Zambia Jobs – The best Job board for jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.