Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
The Mission of Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited is to provide quality water and sanitation services to customers in Lusaka Province using commercially and environmentally sustainable strategies. In order to achieve this, the Company must have a human capital currency comprised of dynamic and energetic staff who are performance driven and who possess the requisite competencies to deliver on expected targets. As part of our efforts to achieve this, the Company is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians for Five vacant positions of Engineer, on a permanent and pensionable contract basis.
A. Job Purpose
The job-holder reports to the Branch Manager and is responsible for planning and coordinating Engineering activities in the Branch to ensure efficient and effective water supply service delivery whilst ensuring that gender and social inclusion issues are considered, and that the water distribution network and maintenance regimes of the infrastructure for the designated area are upheld.
B. Key Responsibilities
1. Preparing annual preventive maintenance schedules for water infrastructure to enhance service delivery operations.
2. Managing the water distribution network by ensuring that there is adequate pressure, and carrying out network verifications and repairs to ensure equitable distribution of water in the Branch.
3. Carrying out investigations and analyses for new water and sewer connection applications to establish possible allocation of service and ensuring that they are processed within the stipulated time.
4. Developing water network extensions in serviced areas and submitting them for GIS updating in the network map and system.
5. Implementing approved activities that enhance reduction of Non-Revenue Water whilst considering the gender and social inclusion issues that may have a bearing on Non-Revenue Water.
6. Coordinating meter management and installations in order to accurately quantify the water supplied and consumed by customers.
7. Ensuring that individual performance targets, skills assessment and development targets are set and appraisals are undertaken with supervisors and subordinates.
8. Providing technical advice and coordinating the resolution of engineering complaints within service standards.
9. Swift and timely identification of probable risk issues in your area of operation, and ensuring that these are attended to as required.
10. Timely preparation and submission of comprehensive technical reports on Branch performance and highlighting any gender and social inclusion issues where applicable on a monthly and quarterly basis, or as required.
Qualifications and Experience
i. School Certificate or General Certificate Education
ii. Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Civil Engineering
iii. Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (MEIZ).
iv. At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar role preferably in a water and sanitation reated environment working on sewer networks, water supply systems and sanitation.
v. Working knowledge of hazard management, risk assessment, water and sanitation engineering procedures and safety standards
vi. Advanced knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft packages
vii. Good understanding of gender and social inclusion issues in the water and sanitation sector or willingness and drive to learn and quickly implement
D. Behaviour Qualities
- Possess a high level of broad problem solving and analytical skills with ability to work under pressure
- Innovation and proactive thinking ability
- Good critical and reactive thinking skills.
- Integrity and exemplary work ethics
- Good communication skills
LWSC values the provision of equal employment opportunities. Therefore, women, men and persons with disability are all encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, females will be given preferential consideration.
Applications together with copies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae and three (3) names of referees should reach the undersigned or be emailed to [email protected] not later than Friday 20th May 2022.
Director Human Resources and Administration
Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company limited,
Plot No. 871, Katemo Road,
P.O BOX 50198
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.