Mopani Copper Mines PLC
Mopani Copper Mines PLC has operations in Mufulira and Kitwe on the Copperbelt Province in Zambia. The Company’s Success has been as a result of its focused approach to improvement and the mutually beneficial relationships enjoyed with stakeholders – an important sector of which is its employees.
The Company Seeks the Services of Engineer Electrical Senior Assistant x1
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing the maintenance function in the engineering section and carrying out projects aimed at improving equipment efficiencies.
The Responsibilities of this role will include but not limited to the following:
- Providing technical assistance to all Foremen on specific matters beyond their scope.
- Carrying out technical investigation on problem areas and special project as assigned by the Section Engineer with the aim of improving the efficiency of the equipment thereby reducing the maintenance cost.
- Planning for new equipment in the plant involving specifications, procurement, installation, commissioning and formulation of maintenance procedures for the same.
- Receiving assigned maintenance schedule and requesting for spares needed from stores.
- Performing trend analysis of shift reports and determine equipment/machine’s post-maintenance performance
- Ensuring energy saving activities/initiatives are promoted in the plant.
- Organizing spares required for the plant equipment with the guidance of the Sectional Engineer.
- Liaising and providing technical guidance to artisans, foremen and their crew on matters beyond their scope so as to train and develop them.
- Ensuring that all items are safely maintained and operated through proper engineering procedures.
- Budget planning and control of all labour and materials for all major rehabilitation and project works in the section.
- Driving the Health, Safety and Environment Standards/Policy Awareness and Practice in the Department to ensure compliance.
- Facilitating SLAM, MCom and Training.
To be considered for this position, the candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Computer Literate
- Good Problem-solving skills.
- Member of Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or its equivalent.
The successful candidate must be result oriented and have the ability to work with own initiative, ability to understand scope of work, paying particular attention to Company policies and Corporate objectives.
Mopani is committed to establishing a winning team and a copper and cobalt business it can be proud of. The Company operates an employment policy of meritocracy, aiming to employ the right people with the right skill, irrespective of race, gender or creed.
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced applicants should submit an application by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. Fill in the online application form not later than Tuesday, 20 June 2023, attach a detailed curriculum vitae which should be three pages or less and three contactable referees and copies of other credentials.