Job Title: Engineer – Dispatch Rompad
To support the coordination between the plant, planning, FQMO Mining operations and Maintenance towards maximising Crusher output.
- Collaborate with other supervisors to prioritize and coordinate mine production requirements to meet targets associated with ROMPAD operations.
- Provide continuous production improvement through dispatch monitoring and effective allocation of equipment.
- Monitor the operation of primary diggers through dispatch monitoring and effective allocation of equipment.
- Monitor the operation of primary diggers through the fleet management system and proactively prevent supply shortfall or demand surplus.
- Work with the crew team leads to improve on breakdown reporting, fuelling and shift change durations and improvements.
- Monitor crew key performance indicators such as machine availability and utilization for select classes of equipment.
- Utilize the dispatch system to provide a continuous feedback loop through all departments (Maintenance, mine operations, planning, plant and other relevant departments) in order to optimize operations across relevant departments.
- Provide a conducive environment to develop employee relationship among all crews.
- Act as the main point of contact for all emergencies within the mining area and act as the liaison between production managers, supervisors, mine engineers, maintenance management, emergency response and team leads.
- Monitor completed shift availability and utilization reports in an efficient and timely and ensuring that information required in making production decisions is readily available and accurate.
- Any duties as assigned by the Optimization Manager / Supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPOSURE
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Degree in Mining Engineering / Equivalent
- Demonstrable computer skills/certificates preferable.
- Exposure to open pit mine operations
To apply for this job please visit www.first-quantum.com.