The Engineer Data Centre will maintain, monitor, secure and support the network and systems infrastructure of the Data Center. Will be in-charge of network provisioning for clients and ensuring effective resource utilization. He/She will also maintain, monitor, support and secure storage and cloud services.
- Provision Storage for Data Centre Clients.
- Support Data Centre clients on Storage requirements and backup services.
- Server Decommissions: ensure that all server storage is cleaned up and reclaimed after a server has been decommissioned or migrated.
- Re-label SAN ports to show that they are no longer used postmigration.
- Maintain backups for all systems and client repositories.
- Implement cloud technologies and monitor their performance.
- Domain and Security services
- Virtual machines provisioning
- Software and patch updates
- Support decommissioning efforts.
- Implement security for all network nodes.
- Monitor the operations of network links.
- Handle support calls and advise clients in customer friendly manner.
- Report on all matters affecting service quality.
- Maintain an Up-to-date schedule of the equipment in the data Center.
- Maintain data on Client Equipment and all required attributes.
System Health Checks
- Perform basic daily and weekly system health checks to ascertain system uptime.
- Ensure compliance to privacy and security standards at all times.
- Monitor the operations of servers, storage, and other client nodes in order to ensure a high service uptime as per SLA metrics.
Incident Management System
- Update the incident management system with appropriate information whenever any incident occurs.
- Resolve any relevant incidents.
- General Systems Administration
- Support for all internal applications and systems that keeps the efficient functioning of the data center.
- Provide periodical reports for all operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- CCNA Certification or Equivalent
- Cloud Computing certification
- Data Center or Storage certification will be added advantage.
- Member of ICTAZ
Key Competencies and Skills
- Good knowledge of Virtualization
- Quick learner, eager to leverage new technologies in a dynamic team environment.
- Ability to quickly respond to any user query.
- Ready to consult widely and efficiently and work as a team with other IT specialists.
- Ability to prioritize risks and threats to network systems.
- Wide knowledge of risks and threats;
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to follow and strictly adhere to procedures
- Communication skills
- Project Management
- People Skills
- Integrates/evaluates multiple factors to develop creative practical solutions.
- Solves non-routine problems by independently applying judgment to established analysis and standard approaches.
- Strength in network inspections and cable management
- Identifies problems/issues.
- Enhances his/her technical knowledge through continuous learning.
- Applies broader knowledge of standards to work assignments.
- Able to work with multi-vendor environment.
- Has extensive technical knowledge in data center operations
- Good knowledge of Storage Administration
- Server management
- Linux administration
- Routing and Switching (all routing protocols)
Years of Experience Required
- Minimum of three (3) years of information technology experience with a focus on networks and telecommunications administration