Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC)
Position: Electrical Technician
Lumwana Mine, Kalumbila, Zambia.
Reporting to: Supervisor – Electrical
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the Northwestern region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position Electrical Technician.
Reporting to the Supervisor – Electrical, you will be responsible for assisting the Electrical Supervisor in establishment of preventative and responsive Electrical maintenance and development within the process area and across the site, to ensure maximum operational performance is achieved in a safe and cost effective manner while ensuring compliance with relevant procedures, polices, legal requirements and consent conditions.
- Create the medium-term forecast mining plans, bench extraction sequences and budgets.
- Operation and maintenance of Siemens/ABB VSDs, VFDs, soft starters, and high voltage equipment
- Maintenance and installation of HV overhead lines
- HV/LV switchgear Maintenance and Protection Relays
- Maintenance of Transformers
- In cooperation with the Electrical Supervisor, responsible for the day to day maintenance of the Electrical distribution system and machinery around the site.
- Maintain a professional work ethic through effective, honest communication with supervisors, peers, and operations personnel always.
- The position will be expected to positively impact and contribute to the performance of the company through leadership and individual activity.
- Achievement of plant throughput and maintenance targets in the most cost-effective manner within budgets
- Personally, demonstrate a positive attitude towards working safely
Experience & Qualifications
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Craft / Advanced Certificate in Electrical from a recognized Learning Institution.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the mining Industry and preferably in a Concentrator and Crushing Plant.
- Good troubleshooting skills and knowledge on use of electrical testing/measuring instruments
- Good Experience in Electrical project execution.
- Knowledge in Maintenance of Generators and protection systems
- Able to quickly adapt to technological changes in High voltage Electrical Maintenance.
- Ability to show initiative and have good interpersonal skills.
- Must have high voltage authorization by MSD
- EIZ membership.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
Lumwana Mine does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com.