Website Zacstar Zambia Limited
Electrical Engineering Technologist
The Electrical Engineering Technologist will join our fast-growing energy team in Lusaka. They will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects in solar, wind and energy storage. They will work with our multi-discipline teams and will contribute with their knowledge in electrical design of renewable energy generation, substations, and low/medium voltage distribution.
This is a great opportunity for an energetic individual who wants to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Develop preliminary and detailed design drawings (e.g. single line diagrams (SLDs), general arrangements, elevations, 3-line diagrams, schematics, etc);
- Prepare reports, specifications, construction cost estimates, etc.;
- Assist with proposals, scheduling and engineering cost estimates;
- Produce bills of materials;
- Perform ampacity and voltage drop calculations and other system calculations;
- Perform site visits to validate scope requirements and determine existing conditions, inspect construction, prepare site survey reports, and participate in commissioning activities;
- Liaise with clients, regulatory authorities, and utilities;
- Coordinate with other disciplines and stakeholders either internal or external;
- Assist in training junior staff;
- Complete applications for municipal construction permits;
- Accomplish solutions through application of industry standards and electrical engineering design principles specifically in renewable energy systems, including photovoltaic (PV), Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) and power systems;
- Ensure designs conform to all applicable codes and client standards;
- Perform and assist with additional duties and tasks based on project requirements.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in electrical layout in the energy sector and including low and medium voltage layouts, single lines,
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in electrical engineering technology (power generation or distribution system preferred). or equivalent combination of education and experience;
Certified Engineering Technologist/Technician with EIZ an asset;
- Familiarity with low and medium voltage indoor distribution equipment (panels, switchgear, etc.);
- Familiarity with cable routing, detailed design of conduit & tray systems, cable terminations and supports, etc;
- Working knowledge of the Zambian electrical code and IEEE standards, typical equipment dimensions, connection details;
- Working knowledge in AutoCAD and other design software;
- Familiarity with outdoor substation design an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Equipment commissioning and grounding grid testing experience is an asset;
- Ability to travel across the country for work;
- Valid driver’s license.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.