Education Specialist, NO-3, Fixed Term Appointment (2 Years), Post # 00005859, Lusaka, Zambia
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
Children deserve the best and we never give up.
For every child, … Education
The UNICEF Programme of Cooperation with the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) is designed to address and mitigate the threat of poverty the country’s children face, while responding to the needs with interventions addressing the multiple causative factors.
To find out more about UNICEF’s work in Zambia, please visit https://www.unicef.org/zambia/.
How can you make a difference?
Take this opportunity to join the vibrant Education Team working under Chief of Education, the Specialist will support the development and preparation of the Early Childhood Development (ECD) and Early Childhood Education (ECE) programs/projects and their management, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of progress . The Specialist provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes to facilitate the administration and achievement of results in ECD and ECE programs/projects, so as to improve quality and equitable and inclusive education especially for young children who are marginalised, disadvantaged and excluded. Internally, the Specialist leads the cross-sectoral coordination around Early Childhood Development within the Zambia Country Office, and externally – engages with a series of line ministries and partners to support institutional capacity building and an enabling environment for the provision of optimal holistic development of young children. The Specialist contributes to achievement of results according to plans, allocation, results based-management approaches and methodology (RBM) and UNICEF Strategic Plans, standards of performance and accountability framework.
Summary Of Key Functions/accountabilities
- Support to programs/projects development and planning
- Program management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support to program implementation
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
Detailed Terms of Reference can be viewed here JD for Education Specialist NOC Post # 5859.pdf
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have;
Minimum Qualifications And Competencies
- An Advanced University Degree in education, economics, psychology, sociology or other social science field is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in social development planning and management in education, especially Early Childhood Education and Development and related areas at the national and/or international level, some of which preferably in a developing country is required.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organisation is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, we serve you
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies required in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The core competencies required for this post are…
- Leading and supervising (I)
- Formulating strategies and concepts (II)
- Analyzing (III)
- Relating and networking (II)
- Deciding and Initiating action (II)
- Applying technical expertise (III)
View our competency framework here; Competency Framework – 2020.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unicef.org.