Bank of Zambia
Published On : 21 May 2021
Closing Date : 3 June 2021
The Bank of Zambia, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians for the following position:
ECONOMIST – DEBT, HO (1 POST)
To undertake analysis of external debt for effective and efficient monitoring of debt and undertake research on debt and economic issues.
- To undertake quarterly surveys on parastatal and private sector debt in order to provide input into various reports for policy decisions.
- Prepare debt service payment authorisation payments.
- Prepare external debt service and funding tables for record keeping.
- Prepare data for debt sustainability analysis conducted to inform policy.
Qualifications and Experience
- MSc /MA in economics or equivalent;
- Three (3) years relevant experience; and
- Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better).
Key Knowledge and Attributes
- Knowledge of office and econometrics software;
- Good reporting writing and communications skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work harmoniously in a team; and
- Ability and willingness to learn and implement new ideas.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply.
Only candidates meeting the above role specifications are invited to apply online via the BOZ Career page on www.boz.zm. Applicants’ application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), certified copies of certificates and National Registration Card MUST be attached to the application. Hardcopy applications will not be accepted and the closing date for applications is Thursday, 3 June 2021.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit lde.tbe.taleo.net.