World Vision Zambia
World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based Organization dealing with Relief aid, Development, and Advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: Early Childhood Development Officer
Reporting to: Area Programme Manager
Purpose of the Position:
To facilitate community engagement, community changes, build and maintain local partnerships, build community and partner organization capacity, and strengthen community-led initiatives/innovations to improve and sustain well-being of children and families. To implement, monitor and report technical program interventions at Area Program level for improved child well-being of ECE children at the Insakas.
- Facilitate the planning and implementation of technical Programme activities using recommended models, techniques, standards and tools to achieve output targets within scope, time, and budget.
- Communicate World Vision’s identity, mission, vision, values, policies and our approaches to facilitate development processes to realize the needed support for the Early Childhood children in the target project area.
- Facilitate the interpretation and distribution of context appropriate technical program Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials for effective implementation.
- Work with the local Ministry of Health, Ministry of local Government and Education authorities in the district and the Area Program education, Maternal New born child and adolescent health Nutrition and promotion and WASH staff to implement the project programme activities for effective implementation, impact and scale.
- Work closely with the parents and district education, health and local authority officials to mobilize community for local partnership and ownership, participation in implementation of activities to achieve sustainability of the project programme interventions.
- Participate in the district development plans of the education health and local authority sector focusing on Early Childhood Education, health and WASH to ensure the project programs are mainstreamed and aligned to priorities.
- Raise awareness and facilitate critical analysis of community issues and opportunities in the technical Programme area for improved implementation.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education/ Public health with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in education related field.
- Degree in the education related field/ Public health or its equivalent is an added advantage with minimum 2 years’ experience in the relevant field.
- Knowledge and understanding of World Vision operations and or International Non-Governmental Organisations would be an added advantage.
- Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and report writing essential.
- Must have excellent project management, stakeholder engagement, mobilisation, and facilitating and donor engagement skills.
- Communications, interpersonal, analytical, conflict management, negotiation, and networking skills are highly desired.
- Experience working on Early Childhood Education and health or projects.
- In-depth understanding of how children learn to read and write.
- Experience in Teaching, Teacher Professional Development Systems and Literacy Programming.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Applications will close by 13 May 2021. Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted!
To apply for this job please visit careers.wvi.org.