Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for experienced and vibrant self-starters to fill the following positions under the Early Childhood Development (ECD) Community Insaka – Young with Potential Project, Global Partnership in Education (GPE) and the European Union (EU) Women Empowerment and Micro Small Enterprises Support – Zambia Project:
DRIVER – (X2)
The Driver reports to the Logistics and Procurement Officer and is responsible for providing logistical support to the Project Team and other Program Area (PA) staff to enable effective implementation of Project activities.
- Responsible for collection, delivery of Plan documents and materials as well as any other messenger duties to enable the smooth flow of work.
- Transporting of Project staff and materials to the field and other places to ensure the smooth flow of operations.
- Ensuring safety of staff onboard the vehicle.
- Responsible for vehicle management and maintenance of the vehicle log book in line with set instructions.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Valid and clean Driver’s license at least class C.
- Motor vehicle mechanic certificate or equivalent.
- Must possess at least 2 – 3 years’ of relevant experience in similar capacity.
- Embrace Child-centeredness, Child Protection, Community participation and Partnership.
- Works collaboratively as a team player, listens actively and values contributions.
- Self-management and personal accountability.
- Working knowledge of English and the common national language.
- Seasoned Driver, willing and able to work long hours regularly (including some weekends).
- Be able to work in a team.
- Vehicle cleaning, minor service repairs and urgent breakdown repairs.
- Time management.
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of NRC, Qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply and applications should reach the undersigned not later than 23rd May, 2021, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.