Website John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Job Title: Driver/Transport Logistics Assistant
Reports to: Operations Manager
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program will employ private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365 and PharmAccess.
JSH seeks reliable and highly experienced candidates for the position of Driver to work as part of the ZAM-Health Activity. The position will work closely with the Finance and Administration team and will be responsible for driving, maintaining project vehicles, and providing financial, programmatic and administrative clerical support as needed. The Driver will report to the Operations Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive and maintain project vehicles – (i.e. taking the vehicles in for maintenance and repair when needed), and ensuring safety of the vehicle and passengers. Carry out different inspections of the vehicle before driving such as checking of coolant, oils and other fluids.
- Responsible for handling monies and documenting expenditures to support technical activities in the field including, processing of mobile money documentation, payment of participants, lodging and other arrangements.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness and ensure that servicing schedules and reporting of any maintenance needs are done on a timely basis.
- Ensure that vehicle mileage is indicated on the front of every fuel receipt and receipts should be submitted appropriately.
- Maintain vehicle log book daily by noting date, destination, departure and arrival times and submit reports as requested by the Operations Manager.
- Drive ZAM-Health staff members and consultants to sites as needed and deliver documents to various locations as directed by project staff.
- Provide administrative assistance support to the technical and administration teams vis-à-vis photocopying, scanning, faxing, front office duties and other tasks as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Perform other administrative tasks on behalf of the project including but not limited to: purchasing, collecting goods, documents or mails, making administrative arrangements and handling payments (if needed);
- Act as a representative of the project, at all times being responsive and providing courteous support to visitors, clients and partners.
- Provide off-hours transport support, including weekend pickup and drop-off of ZAM-Health project and consultant staff as needed.
- Support ZAM-Health implementation team as needed on site.
- Implement and adhere to JSH’s personnel and fraud management policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager and other senior staff.
- Minimum grade 12 Certificate; related additional qualifications a plus;
- Valid SADC license with at least 5 years of experience driving and maintaining vehicles and logbooks.
- Experience with donor-funded projects is preferred;
- Experience with basic financial clerical duties.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate basic office equipment such as computers, scanners, copiers, and fax machines;
- English speaking and writing skills.
- Ability to take initiative, good interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams.
- Experience working with an NGO preferred.
Mode of Application
Send an application via email ONLY to email@example.com. In the subject line, please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.
Closing Date: September 5, 2021
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.