About the job
About Evidence Action
Evidence Action is a global nonprofit organization with an approach distinctive in international development – we exclusively scale interventions that are backed by strong evidence and can be delivered with exceptional cost-effectiveness. Our programs have grown since our founding in 2013 to reach over 515 million people globally with our interventions. We deliver high impact for every dollar spent, as recognized by GiveWell, The Life You Can Save, and Charity Navigator.
We do development differently. We take a data-driven approach to identifying, scaling, and continuously improving programs which deliver immense impact, ensuring these solutions measurably improve the lives of millions. Our Deworm the World Initiative has helped governments in Africa and Asia deliver over 1.8 billion childhood deworming treatments, improving health, education, and incomes. Dispensers for Safe Water provides sustained safe water access to over 10 million people in rural Africa, preventing childhood illness and deaths.
We drive innovation: Our Accelerator builds the next generation of exceptional programs, taking an approach most similar to a venture capital model. We are ruthless in exiting programs which do not meet our criteria; those that advance deliver outsized impact for millions of people.
We are global. Across nine countries in Africa and Asia, our 700+ people are united by a tremendous passion for our mission and impact. We are strong because of our diversity of experience, geography, and background – with over 90% of our people in the countries where our impact is focused.
We have big ambitions. Over the next decade, we’re setting our sights higher: We aim to reach over 600 million people globally to fulfill our vision of a world where hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places have better opportunities and their lives are measurably improved. We believe in bold and urgent action – because poverty doesn’t wait, and neither should we.
We need great people. Our success to date is due to the collective work of our amazing staff. To achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for people who share our passion for evidence, cost-effectiveness, and scale. We seek individuals who take an entrepreneurial approach, enjoy tackling hard problems, and have a bias to action and results. If our vision and approach excite you as much as it does us, we invite you to join us.
About The Syphilis Free Start Team
Syphilis among pregnant women is a highly neglected but addressable problem, responsible for more than 300,000 serious adverse outcomes annually (stillbirth, neonatal death, and congenital syphilis). Nearly all of these adverse outcomes can be prevented inexpensively and easily if women are tested and treated during antenatal care visits. The recent development and WHO pre-qualification of an affordable rapid dual diagnostic test for HIV and syphilis has made it possible to achieve near universal testing and treatment for governments that choose to deploy this test at antenatal clinics. Evidence Action is supporting the Ministry of Health with a new maternal syphilis program in Zambia and has been providing technical assistance to the Zambia Ministry of Health in scaling up this intervention since 2022.
About The Role
Working hand in hand with the Ministry of Health in the fight against maternal syphilis among pregnant women and in all the 10 provinces of Zambia. This position will be based in Lusaka and the driver will be expected to be sober at all times as field visits maybe called any time.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of local traffic regulations and laws to ensure compliance and safety.
- Conduct routine vehicle maintenance checks and promptly report any issues to the appropriate chain of command.
- Assist in loading and unloading project related items as required.
- Plan efficient routes to optimize travel time and fuel efficiency and notify the appropriate chain of command should there be any deviations from planned routes.
- Keep accurate record of mileage, fuel consumption and maintenance activities.
- Coordinate with team members to schedule transportation needs.
- Be attentive to traffic and weather conditions, stay on schedule and ensure the safety of passengers.
- Uphold a positive image of the organization by applying good and safe driving habits
- Ensure that the vehicle is kept clean inside and outside at all times and that all seat belts are in working condition.
- Report minor, major accidents and complete required incident reports.
- A full Grade 12 School Certificate.
- A Valid minimum of Class C Zambia driving license.
- Minimum of a college certificate and mechanics as an added advantage.
- Proven experience as a project driver in a INGO or a large multinational organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates must have prior experience working in developing countries and preference will be given to citizens or permanent residents of Zambia.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Evidence Action does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.