Ministry of Health
THE REPUBLIC OF ZAMBIA
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
LUSAKA PROVINCIAL HEALTH OFFICE
INTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT – MINISTRY OF HEALTH (LUSAKA PROVINCE)
Lusaka Provincial Health Office (LPHO) with Support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) invites applications from suitably qualified persons in Lusaka Province to fill the under listed positions:
Job Title: DREAMS Ambassador (1)
Location: Lusaka District Health Office
Job Responsibilities: To supervise and ensure reduction of new HIV infections in Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW)
Reports to: Public Health Specialist
- Support the development and management of DREAMS costed work plans at Provincial Health Office
- Provides technical oversight in implementation of DREAMS and DREAMS like activities in the Province, particularly in PEPFAR supported sites.
- Ensures that project implementation activities are in line with the work plan and timeframe.
- Manages collaboration with other implementing partners on DREAMS initiatives.
- Support monitoring of DREAMS project performance by working with M&E and Adolescent Focal Point Persons in order to provide direction on reporting for program key performance indicators
- Coordinate donor support for DREAMS activities and HIV Prevention programs in the Province
- Participate in the monitoring and Supervision of the DREAMS program implementation in the District
- Coordinate community teams to undertake their roles and responsibilities in HIV prevention and control activities.
- Promote DREAMS programming in the District through stakeholder engagement
- To generate public attention about the DREAMS program and factors that affect adolescent girls in the community predisposing them to HIV infection and many other risks including gender based violence
- Work with the community and facilities to identify and link at risk peers to DREAMS services available at the facilities and community safe spaces
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate with Five (5) Credits or better including Mathematics, Science and English;
- Diploma in Nursing Bachelor of Science in Public Health/Bachelor of Arts in Social Work will be an added advantage
- At least Three (3) years relevant job experience in HIV programs preferably AGYW interventions;
- Registered with General Nursing Council with valid Practicing License Good proficiency in oral and written English as well interpersonal skills.
- Experience in community mobilization and youth empowerment Computer literate, with competency in using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be aged 29 years and below
- Must have high level of confidentiality and Integrity
- Trustworthy and Honest
- Must be a team player
- Good report writing skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Interested candidates currently employed under the Ministry of Health in Lusaka Province are encouraged to apply for one position only. Candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and attributes are required to submit their applications with the following documents; Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable Referees, Academic and Professional Qualifications, Full Registration with relevant Professional Bodies and valid Practicing Licenses where applicable to the address below by Wednesday, 14th July, 2021. An attractive package will be offered to successful applicants who will be appointed on Contract for an initial period of One (1) Year subject to renewal depending on performance.
Applications should be clearly marked with the position being applied for and applicants should provide valid phone numbers for ease of communication.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Provincial Health Director
Lusaka Provincial Health Office
Plot Number 3 Saise Road, Longacres
P.O. Box 32573