Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ)
District Election Trainers
ELECTORAL COMMISSION OF ZAMBIA
The Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ) wishes to engage suitably qualified Zambians for the position of District Election Trainers (DETs). The DETs will be engaged on part time basis to train poll staff for the 2021 General Election. Priority will be given to DETs who were trained and engaged for the 2016 General Election.
Reporting to: District Electoral Officer
Training of poll staff
Duties and Responsibilities
- Train and evaluate poll staff;
- Assist in the recruitment of poll staff;
- Inspect suitability of training venues;
- Ensure that training materials are adequate;
- Coordinate packing and distribution of training materials;
- Administer written assessment for poll staff;
- Prepare a list of successful poll staff who qualify to receive certificates; and
- Prepare and submit training reports; and
- Performing any other election duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- A Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent with passes in English and Mathematics;
- Minimum of a Diploma in a relevant field from a recognized institution;
- A higher qualification will be an added advantage;
- Proven experience as a DET or Presiding Officer;
- Registered voter;
- Zambian with a green National Registration Card;
- Ready to work in any district within the province of residence; and
- Conversant with the Zambian electoral practices and procedures.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Must be non-partisan, of sober character and high integrity
- Must have good team building ability and a team player
- Must have good planning and organizing skills
- Must be able to implement training programmes at short notice
- Must be a self-starter, driven and motivated
- Must have the ability to work with own initiative and innovation while paying attention to the Commission policies, guidelines, regulations and other laws governing the electoral process.
Application letters accompanied by a Curriculum Vitae (CV), photocopies of required certificates and contact number(s), MUST be addressed and sent to the District Electoral Officer (Town Clerk/ Council Secretary) of the applicant’s district of residence.
Applications must reach the District Electoral Officer not later than Wednesday, 2nd June, 2021.