Website Generation Alive Zambia
About GENERATION ALIVE Generation Alive (GAL) is a feminist organization working towards the advancement of women’s rights especially leadership and sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR). The organization was founded with a focus on building the collective voice, power, and influence of young women. Generation Alive aims to build a movement of young feminists that will foster an enabling environment for young women to meaningfully participate at all levels of decision making. GAL envisions a society in which all women enjoy their human rights and actively participate at all levels of decision making. We promote equality and fight injustices towards women and girls that inhibit them from enjoying their rights.
GAL focuses on building the collective voice, power, and influence of young women by strengthening their knowledge and skills to make informed choices, participate in decision making, mobilize and take collective action on issues affecting them. Our work on transformational, reproductive and gender justice is underpinned by transforming social norms and addressing unequal power relations, values, and practices. We believe in amplifying women’s voices and participation as well as working in partnership with other key players as a sustainable approach and strategy to achieving our goals and objectives. GAL’s work primarily targets women and girls, while we work with policy makers, civic and traditional leaders, teachers, parents and guardians, men and boys, community gate keepers and other key stakeholders.
GAL seeks to recruit a District Coordinator based in Lusaka District for a project called ‘Strengthening CSOs For the Promotion of A Safe And Secure Environment For Children And Young People’
About the Project
Project Title: Strengthening CSOs For the Promotion of A Safe And Secure Environment For Children And Young People
Overall Objective: To enhance Civil Society Organizations’ contribution to the rights of children in Zambia.
Specific Objective: To protect children’s rights, including vulnerable children and youth in street situation.
The project is being implemented in the Lusaka District and has 3 implementation partners. The timeframe is from 1st March 2021 to 28th February 2024.
Scope of Work
The District Coordinator will be responsible for the following under the assigned project:
Key Deliverables for The Position Will Be:
- Lead the Planning, Implementation and Reporting of project activities at district level in close collaboration with the project’s management team.
- Implement, Coordinate, Supervise and Monitor project activities.
- Oversee the successful implementation of the Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights project
- Planning, budgeting, and implementation of program activities
- Data collection, documentation and report writing.
- Ensure Timely reporting and monitoring progress against targets and timely achievement of activities and processes.
- Building and maintaining relationships with fellow implementing partners and staff, government officials and other regional and local organizations to assist with GAL’s mission.
- Coordination and facilitation of sensitization workshops and providing on-going. technical resources and information as required
- Execute program monitoring process for all projects including review of progress and expenditure reports, as needed.
- Develops a clear plan, detailing a step-by-step process with well-defined tasks to ensure the team stays within timeline and strive to resolve any complications that might arise during programme implementation with support from the supervisor
- Support fundraising initiatives for program activities by contributing to identification and development of donor proposals and preparation or review of donor reports
- Research information for drafts of white papers and policy briefs for influencing policy and increasing access to information and services for young persons
- Represent GAL at various local, national and international meetings to ensure incorporation of GAL objectives into the agenda for discussion
- Any other duties as assigned.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Provide regular updates to Executive Director on progress and challenges in the field.
- Ensure adherence to monitoring and evaluation framework.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development studies, social work or equivalent
- At least 2 years work experience
- Experience in programme management and working in networks.
- Conversant with child protection, working with children in street students or at risk, SRHR for young people.
- Previous experience in working with young people in street situations and in communities an added advantage.
Key Attributes and Skills
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision.
- In-depth understanding and experience in the use of accounting software.
- Experience in working with international funding organizations and other local development agencies.
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to write programmatic reports and technical documents.
- Stakeholder management skills.
- Demonstrated English written and presentation skills.
- Understanding of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights
- Good organizational and planning skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Good social skills, able to work in teams.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Familiarity and working experience in the development sector, particularly the Civil Society Sector is a decided advantage for this position.
- The Finance Officer will work under the supervision of GAL’s Executive Director, with support from programmes team members.
- The individual will collaborate with GAL staff to ensure alignment to reporting structure and needs.
Applicants must submit their cover letter, CVs with three(3) traceable references and copies of academic qualifications in a zip folder to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com under the subject line: Application-District Coordinator
All applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Generation Alive Zambia,
8161 Off Buluwe Road,
For queries contact 0962019965
Deadline for applications is 30th June 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GAL is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, promotion, termination, leave, training, and apprenticeship. GAL makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and needs at the time.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.