Good Food, Good Life
Distributor Development Manager
Opportunity to join the Distributor Development team
Location: Lukasa, Zambia
Qualification: Commercial Degree or Equivalent
Experience: A minimum of 5 years in Sales experience (including Customer and Field based exposure)
With a history spanning over 150 years, Nestlé didn’t become the world’s leading food and beverages brand by chance. Perfection is at the heart of what we do, and our people are always looking for the next big idea to cement our status. We’re now looking for a Distributor Development Manager based in Lusaka, Zambia. The role will lead criteria setting, assessment and development of Distributor network according to defined standards
A day in the life of a Distribution Development Manager
- Manage & strengthen the business partnership with Distributors. Ensure Distributors’ operations are efficient and effective
- Ensure the continuous development, effectiveness and sustainability of distributor operations in achieving route-to-market strategies in the Trade Channels
- Support the design, implementation & follow up of Master Coverage Plan, territory development & manpower deployment ratios for the assigned Distributor (s)
- By implementing Nestle Continuous Excellence through visual management, measurements, goal alignment, problem solving and multi-level reviews of plans
- Liaise with internal (Trade Marketing, Supply Chain) and external (Customer, 3rd party) stakeholders to ensure timely execution of agreed Customer/Channel/Shopper related activities
- Implement distribution development drives (RTM), automation, visibility programs, assess forward stock shares and grade outlets
What will make you successful
- Grade 12 certificate
- 3-year Tertiary Qualification would be advantageous
- A minimum of 5 years or in Sales experience (including Customer and Field based exposure).
- Sound understanding of the FMCG Industry.
- Capacity to understands all sales functions i.e. CCSD, Customer, Field
- Sound understanding of the retail/ wholesale channels
- Sound Knowledge of Business/Financial, concepts and Principles.
- Strong Leadership and Motivational Skills.
- Had experience in managing Distributor
Closing date: 13 June 2022