People in Need (PIN)
Job Title: Disaster Preparedness and Response Officer
Reporting to the Disaster Preparedness and Response Project Manager, the DPR Officer will be responsible for the implementation of all project activities related to, public health campaigns, cash transfers to covid 19 positive vulnerable urban dwellers and rolling out Hazard, Vulnerability and Capacity Assessments (HVCA) in order to prepare Emergency Preparedness and Response Plans (EPRP) in selected settlements of Lusaka. The role requires management relations with project stakeholders incl. community leaders, government officials, Disaster Management and Mitigation Unit (DMMU), Lusaka City Council, suppliers and other consortium partners.
- In collaboration with local health facilities screens and verifies beneficiaries of Emergency Cash Transfers in the target settlements.
- Organize, manage and supervise the distribution of mobile money and cash to selected beneficiaries.
- Ensures timely Post Distribution Monitoring and analyzes the findings
- Supports roll-out of Public Health Campaigns focused on prevention of COVID 19 in selected settlements.
- Supports adaptation and roll out of Participatory Hazard, Vulnerability and Capacity Assessment (PHVCA) and Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan (EPRP) to the urban context.
- Regularly reviews project timeframe, indicators and budget to ensure the project meets all targets.
- Supports the constituency and Ward Development Committee to develop the Emergency Preparedness and Response Plans (EPRP)
- Manages relations with project stakeholders such as community leaders, government officials and staff at the target health facilities.
- Reports to Project Manager on the implementation of project activities and utilization of financial resources.
- Works with the MEAL Assistant in rolling out Complaints and Feedback Response Mechanisms (CFRM) in the target communities.
- Stores official project documentation in an orderly manner (both soft and hard copies).
- Ensures that project documentation is properly generated, approved & archived in internal databases according to PIN and donor guidelines.
- Diploma (or a degree) in relevant field (Project Management, Disaster Management, Development Studies or any other relevant field)
- At least 2-3 years of experience humanitarian/ development assistance in social protection programmes (experience in cash assistance will be an advantage)
- Experience in community mobilization and community awareness-raising campaigns
- Experience of working for an international non-governmental organization is an advantage
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Experience in working with key local stakeholders (community leaders, government officials, health facility staff, etc.)
- Fluency in written and spoken English (fluency in Nyanja language preferred for the Lusaka Province)
- Understanding of and experience in project cycle management is beneficial
- Willingness to spend at least 80% of the time in the field working with the target communities, community-based volunteers and government sub-district workers
Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.