Zambia Bureau of Standards (ZABS)
ZABS is a statutory body currently operating under the Standards Act No. 4 of 2017. ZABS exists to support industry in the production of goods and services of acceptable quality for national, regional and international markets. It is the custodian of national standards and acts as a link between the local industry and regional and international standardization and quality assurance (SQA organizations.
The Bureau’s mandate is to provide services in the areas of Standards Development Management System Standards Training Product Testing and Product Management System Certification. It is also the National Enquiry Point for the World Trade Organization (WTO) Issues VACANCY The Bureau wishes to invite suitably qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill the following vacant position:
DIRECTOR – TECHNICAL SERVICES (ZABS 2 x 01)
To oversee the development of standards, provision of certification, quality assurance, testing and training services to industry and consumers in order to enhance the quality, safely and competitiveness of products and services on the market.
A. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees effectively the development of standards in order to contribute to enhancement of the quality, safety and competitiveness of products and services on the market.
- Oversees accurately the certification of products and services in order to ensure the provision of quality service delivery and promote competitiveness in the industry.
- Oversees effectively the maintenance of national, regional and international standards as well as other strategic records in order to facilitate decision making and information sharing.
- Oversees effectively the provision of training on standards to industry and other stakeholders in order to enhance their capacity in the interpretation and application of various standards.
- Oversees effectively the maintenance of collaborative mechanisms with National Regional and International standard setting bodies and other relevant organizations in order to promote international best practice and exchange of information
- Oversees regularly the development, maintenance and implementation of Laboratory Quality
Management Systems in order to ensure consistency in service delivery
- Oversees effectively the provision of testing and conformity assessment services in order to
provide support to industry and compliance activities for ensuring safe and good quality
B. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent Master’s Degree in Science Engineering Business Administration 10 years’ experience with 5 years at Management level in Standardization of Quality Assurance field
- Candidate must have good Management Skills, Leadership skills and interpersonal Skills
- Ability to write technical reports
- Computer Literate
The position is in the contractual conditions of service category Suitably qualified individuals are therefore encouraged to apply for the job, please send your application letter together with certified copies of educational and professional certificates and a detailed CV to the address below.
Closing date for applications is 5 July 2022.
The Executive Director Zambia Bureau of Standards,
P.O Box 50259,