John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Director of Finance and Operations – USAID CHEKUP II Activity
LOCATION: Lusaka, Zambia
DEPARTMENT/UNIT: Senior Management
DURATION: Full-Time position
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party
POSTING DATE: 10/11/2022
The USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II) Activity is a five-year project to address the needs of people living with HIV (PLHIV) and those most at risk of acquiring HIV and contribute to HIV mitigation and epidemic control, improving the health outcomes of priority populations in the highest HIV-burden provinces of Zambia. USAID CHEKUP II is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH).
The DFO will report to the JSH CHEKUP II Chief of Party and will support the overall project financial management and administration of the cooperative agreement, and ensure compliance with USG, USAID, and PEPFAR financial regulations. The DFO will oversee and provide management support to project finances, sub-award/grant management, human resources, procurement, and logistics. S/he will also provide management and operations support and oversight for the implementation of program activities.
- Serve as a Senior Management Team (SMT) member and assist the COP and DCOP in providing the project’s overall vision and technical strategic direction. Collaborate with the COP and SMT to ensure coherence between programmatic activities and financial provisions.
- Assist the COP and SMT in developing and updating annual work plans and meeting project deliverables.
- Oversee finance, sub-awards, operations, human resources, and procurement areas and staff; provide direct supervision to Finance Manager Operations Manager positions and HR Manager.
- Ensure compliance with award terms, JSH, USG, USAID and PEPFAR policies and regulations
- Responsible for up-to-date policies and procedures for Operations, Personnel, Procurement, IT, Sub-award Management, and Safety & Security in line with JSH templates and requirements as well as donor and host country government requirements.
- Prepare and/or review monthly financial reports and tools (including budget tracking, obligation tracking, field financial accounts, accruals reports, and donor reports) and ensure timely submission to the management or donor.
- Serve as a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) and assist the COP in providing the overall strategic direction for the project.
- Support the COP to ensure that all technical areas of the project are integrated and maximize the use of available resources of the project.
- Work closely with the Operations and Finance Teams to develop and monitor appropriate budgets to support technical activities, monitor invoicing the USAID, and manage subcontractor financial management.
- Oversee the preparation of financial and programmatic quarterly, annual, and other periodic reports for PEPFAR, USAID, JSH, and others.
- Develop scopes of work and request mission approval for short-term technical assistance.
Master’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or another relevant field;
Bachelor’s degree or certified accounting degree in Finance and Accounting
Progressively responsible experience in financial compliance for international development programs in a senior capacity.
At least 10 years of demonstrated experience in the administrative and financial management of large-scale, complex, international development assistance programs; including human resources, procurement, accounting, fraud aversion, and sub-award management.
Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and experience in accounting, financial planning and management, procurement, and logistics.
Excellent Computer skills- Excel, MS Word & PowerPoint
Strong communication skills
Demonstrated supervisory experience
Desirable experience with USG, USAID, and/or PEPFAR funding rules and regulations.
Supervision and Reporting:
The DFO will work under the guidance and supervision of the COP.
To apply please complete the application form available HERE. Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information via the application form
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: October 17, 2022
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.