Website Zambia Tourism Agency
Job Title: Director Licensing and Standard
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Director Licensing and Standards is responsible for managing the licensing of tourism enterprises; and the development and review of tourism and hospitality standards in order to ensure compliance to statutory requirements and make Zambia a more competitive tourism destination.
- Manages effectively the licensing of tourism enterprises in order to ensure compliance to statutory requirements
- Manages periodically the development and review of minimum requirements, Tourism and Hospitality Standards in order to make Zambia a more competitive destination.
- Manages regularly the conduct of inspections of tourism enterprises in order to ensure compliance to standards and requirements.
- Manages periodically the classification and grading of accommodation establishments in order to ensure uniformity within each category, conformity to local, regional tourism standards and cater for different segments in the market.
- Manages effectively delegated role of provision of Secretariat services to the Industry Regulations Committee in order to facilitate smooth operations of the Committee’s business.
- Manages regularly the conduct of tourism licensing and standards capacity building programmes to tourism enterprises in order to ensure adherence to standards.
- Ensures effectively the implementation of performance management in order to monitor, evaluate and enhance performance.
- Ensures effectively management of human,financial and other resources in order to facilitate achievement of set objectives.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Full Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate
- BA in Social Sciences or equivalent
- Master’s Degree in Tourism/Hospitality Management or equivalent as added advantage
- 10 years’ experience, 4 years of which must be at management level
- Able to write technical and analytical reports
- Computer literate
- Interpersonal skills
Interested candidates with necessary qualifications and personal attributes for the jobs should submit their applications attaching detailed CVs and certified copies of educational and professional certificates to the address below on or before Wednesday, 7th April, 2021.
The Human Resource & Administration Manager
Zambia Tourism Agency
Corner Great East Road and Kalembwe Close
P.O. Box 30017