Director ICT Ref No. DR/IT/28/09/21
The ICT Director provides leading edge ICT services to the functional units of CIDRZ. The incumbent is an innovator, a creative person with futuristic ideas on technology and someone who can foresee where technology in the Public Health space is going and pre-empts and stays ahead of these technologies. Someone who is a visionary and able to lead teams to develop solutions, not just for internal usage, but to take these solutions to market as a means of generating income for the organization. Must have demonstrable track record of all the above referenced quality traits.
- Provides strategic direction, day-to-day management, and key technical oversight of ICT to support high-quality programs implementation.
- Leads the ICT team in the delivery of innovative services, supports the computing hardware, networks and software needs of numerous departments of CIDRZ and provides both strategic and operational guidance to the dynamic ICT Team.
- Drives digital innovation and serves as a cross-functional change agent across departments and units, orienting clinical and operations teams on trends in technology applicable to the organization
- Effectively manages talent and supervise. Manages team dynamics and staff well-being. Provides coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and completes performance management for direct reports. Monitors and assess performance to ensure adequate capacity for successful support of high-quality ICT services.
- Based on insights from Deputy CEO and department leads; designs and implements digital strategy by working with cross-functional partners to map and transition traditional processes to digital ones
- Develops a clearly-defined and compelling digital strategy for the institute’s future and champion the use of digital technology and practices to engender a digital mindset at CIDRZ
- Measures ROI on digital technology projects, provides scorecard on investment in the digital tools and resources
- Works with teams across the organization to generate innovative digital solutions for services
Supports and supervises of information management focused on data quality, security and uses.
Provides ICT strategic inputs at the Executive management level of the organization.
Develops and tracks ICT budgets
- Master’s Degree or higher in relevant IT field; or at least 10 years of practical experience in similar ICT management or senior leadership roles
- At least 5 years’ experience at Senior Leadership level with practical demonstrable accomplishments in development, deployment, Implementation and maintenance of IT systems.
- Proven leadership and strong management skills.
Certificate in Project Management is an added advantage
- Proficient at establishing IT services framework and IT security policies
- Must possess project and budget management skills
- Strong grasp and understanding of ICT with forward looking preparedness of the ever-changing ICT environment
- Proficient with integrated workflow based financial, supply chain, manufacturing, sales and inventory control systems such as Sage X3, SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.
- Good understanding of networking technologies both wired and wireless
Highly innovative with knowledge of Linux/Unix, Mac OSX and Windows OS
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please send application letter quoting Reference Number above, relevant academic and professional certificates, and detailed CV with day-time telephone number(s) to:
CIDRZ Human Resources Director
P. O. Box 34681, LUSAKA
or email: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.