Patents and Companies Registration Agency (PACRA)
PATENTS AND COMPANIES REGISTRATION AGENCY
The Patents and Companies Registration Agency (PACRA) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry (MCTI), established under the Patents and Companies Registration Agency Act No. 4 of 2020. The principal mandate of the Agency is to provide business and intellectual property registration services. Additionally, the Agency is responsible for the management of the collateral registry for movable property as well as accreditation of insolvency practitioners.
The Agency is inviting applications from suitably qualified, dynamic, self-motivated, pro-active and experienced person to fill the position of:
DIRECTOR HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION (x1)
1.0 JOB PURPOSE:
To provide strategic leadership and direction to the human resource and administration functions to effectively contribute to the achievement of the Agency’s mandate.
2.0 GRADE AND REPORTING LINE
Salary Grade P2 and reporting to the Registrar and Chief Executive Officer.
3.0 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
KEY RESULT AREA
Provides input in the development of the overall Agency business strategy, and coordinate the development and execution of the Agency human resource and administration strategies that are drawn from the overall Strategic Plan
Manages the workforce in such a manner that the best talent is attracted, selected and retained.
Effectively manages the human resource pool in order to enhance staff morale and optimise utilisation of the resource leading to enhanced employee satisfaction level and retention.
- Conduct effective human resource planning.
- Conduct effective human resource planning and forecasting on the demand and supply for staff requirements in terms of numbers, skills and competences
Learning & Development
- Develop and implement appropriate training, coaching and mentoring programs.
- Identifies the training needs of staff in the department and facilitates appropriate capacity building programmes.
- Liaises with line managers on training needs for other departments.
Employee and Labour Relations
- Creates a conducive working environment that supports high performance to facilitate achievement of the Agency operational objectives.
- Coordinates industrial and labour relations activities.
- Coordinates collective bargaining process for unionised employees’ salaries and conditions of service.
- Administer the Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures Code.
Performance Management and Appraisal
- Develop and implement a performance management and appraisal system in order to build a performance culture linked to reward and recognition that supports the achievement of the Agency overall goals and objectives drawn from the Strategic Plan.
- Sets targets, agrees, monitors and reviews performance and appraisal of subordinates to meet performance objectives.
- Coordinates performance and appraisal activities in other Departments in liaison with line managers.
Human Resource and Administration Policies
Develop and implement regular revisions to Human Resource and Administration policies and procedures to enhance compliance with employment laws and best industry practice.
- Identify the HR Risks
- Develop and implement risk management strategy
Budget and Annual Work Plan
Coordinates timely preparation of departmental budgets and annual work plans in order to facilitate acquisition of resources aligned to annual activities.
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of change management strategies necessitated by initiatives implemented in the Agency in line with the corporate objectives and strategies, to ensure minimal resistance to the initiatives by employees for successful implementation.
- Promote existence of appropriate organisational culture.
Organisation Design and Development
Coordinates the development of the Agency’s organisation structures and implementation of systems that support the Agency operating environment for enhanced operational performance.
Staff promotion and succession planning
- Identifies and recommends staff promotions based on performance records and best fit for higher level positions.
- Identifies and develops, in liaison with line managers, potential talent for future roles within the organisation.
Records and Database Management
- Formulates and administers systems for record management and general office management
- Maintenance of human resource and administration records and database for ease retrieval and reference
- Provides professional advice to the Agency on human resources and administration matters
- Provides interpretation of Employment and labour laws, regulatory compliance and administration of the provisions.
Administrative support services
- Provision of administrative and operational support to the Agency.
- Provision of support services to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of the service that supports smooth operations.
- Management of insurance portfolio by ensuring that all insurance covers are up to date.
- Monitors the provision of transport to enhance operations and outreach programmes.
- Supervises the maintenance of interior and exterior of office buildings.
- Superintends the provision of security at the Agency premises.
- Identify training needs and trends in the profession relevant to the long term effectiveness of the department
- To lead, Coach and mentor staff
4.0 QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Full Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent with at least 5 credits including English and Mathematics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource/Public Administration/Industrial Psychology
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience at senior management in a similar Institution.
- Full Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management (MZIHRM) or Fellow of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management (FZIHRM) with a valid practicing licence.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the respective stated qualifications and experience should submit in One PDF Document their applications with detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of their academic and professional qualifications including details of three (3) traceable referees and their contact numbers not later than 17:00hrs on 26th January 2024 to the email address [email protected] clearly stating in the subject line “Manager – Public Relations” to:
The Director Human Resource & Administration
Patents and Companies Registration Agency
8471 PACRA House, Haile Selassie, Longacres
P.O. Box 32020
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED