Energy Regulation Board
Job Title : Director General
Number of Vacancies : 1
Location : Lusaka
ERB Grade : ERB 1
Reports To : The Board Of Directors
The Energy Regulation Board (ERB) is a Statutory Body established under the Energy Regulation Act No. 12 of 2019 to regulate the energy sector in Zambia by licensing undertakings and ensuring consumers receive a quality service at an equitable price while ensuring a reasonable rate of return to the energy utilities.
The ERB now seeks to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced person to fill the position of Director General to head the Institution.
To provide overall strategic direction and day-to-day management of the Energy Regulation Board in order for the Board of Directors to effectively meets its regulatory functions as provided under its mandate.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that Board decisions are implemented.
- Implement provisions of the energy sector legal regulatory framework to ensure ERB conducts its business in compliance with it mandate.
- Ensure development and implementation of effective Strategic Business Plans, policies and operating guidelines and objectives for the achievement of the Institution’s corporate goals.
- Ensure that a cohesive and competent Management Team exists in the Institution that is adequately trained to execute duties applying sound management practices.
- Ensure a robust performance management and reward system exists in the Institution aimed at enhancing the organisation’s performance. Advise the Board of any performance impediments and measures aimed at making ERB more effective to ensure achievement of mandate.
- Direct the establishment, implementation and control of financial policy systems and procedures. Ensure timely preparation of capital and operating budgets for timely submission to the Board. Control expenditure and ensure prudent utilisation of resources in the Institution in line with approved budget.
- Engage with Stakeholders through various interventions to ensure a positive image of the Institution.
- Ensure expeditious resolution of Consumer complaints
- Direct the establishment and implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation, Quality Management and Risk Management policies in order to provide a framework for monitoring and evaluation, risk management and quality management systems.
- Ensure timely submission of statutory, financial, Audit/Risk/Compliance, Board, institutional and other relevant reports.
- Ensure that Staff are adequately trained and developed to meet competence and performance standards.
- Maintain discipline among subordinate staff to ensure that they carry out their duties efficiently, effectively, and with integrity observing the ERB Disciplinary Code and Grievance Handling Procedures and Code of Conduct
- Develop a conducive corporate culture that ensures that the ERB is a key player in the country’s economy by setting and insisting on high standards of efficiency and business ethics among Staff through sound management practices.
- Ensure ERB corporate brand is visible, positive, professional, ‘caring’ of its employees and trustworthy.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the board
- Grade 12 School Certificate or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Engineering, Business or other relevant field
- Master’s Degree in energy related field
- 20 years post-qualifying experience, at least 7 of which should have been at Senior
- Work experience at Executive level an added advantage
- Management Working knowledge of the Public Sector an added advantage
- Membership of relevant professional association is an added advantage
Required Attributes and/or Skills
- High financial literacy
- Corporate Governance
- Consummate communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Highly Computer literate
- Elaborate organisational abilities
- High analytical and evaluating skills
- High integrity and ethical attribute
- Risk Management ability
- Arbitration skills
- Ability to build strong cohesive teams
How to Apply
APPLY BY EMAIL to [email protected]: Attach application letter, current Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional qualifications. Applications should be submitted no later than 14 th January, 2022. Applications must be marked CONFIDENTIAL: JOB APPLICATION – DIRECTOR GENERAL and addressed to:
The Board Chairperson
Energy Regulation Board
Plot No. 9330, Danny Pule Road
P.O. Box 37631
Late submissions shall NOT be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.