Zambia National Broadcasting Corporation (ZNBC)
The Zambia National Broadcasting Corporation (ZNBC) is a statutory Body established under Chapter 154 of the laws of Zambia to provide public service broadcasting services in Zambia
“To Provide Balance, Diverse and Innovative Broadcasting Services in order to Inform, Educate and Entertain the public”.
“To be the preferred Broadcaster”
The Corporation is now seeking highly qualified, self motivated and creative Individuals to fill the following positions: Director General, Director Finance, Director Human Resource & Administration and Director Programmes to be based at Head Office, Lusaka.
ZNBC is seeking a visionary, strategic and seasoned leader to take up the role of Director General. The Director General will drive ZNBC’s strategic direction in the provision of quality radio and television services throughout Zambia, The Director General will advance and build on the Corporation’s Vision and Mission and develop the Corporation’s commercial capabilities by ensuring that all ZNBC operations are in line with the strategic plan to achieve the mandate stipulated In the ZNBC Act, Cap 154 of the laws of Zambia. The Director General will be responsible for leading the Executive Team in driving the Corporation’s growth and generation of sustainable value and financial returns. The Director General must be a change agent who possess a combination of an understanding of media, people management and commercial acumen.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements a long-term strategy and vision for the Corporation that generates satisfactory levels of shareowner value and positive reciprocal relations with relevant stakeholders
- Develops and recommends to the Board of ZNBC the Strategic Plan and once approved ensures its implementation.
- Evaluates ZNBC budget plans including strategies against objectives/policies submitted by subordinates from all Directorates. providing guidance, advice and ensuring that submissions are realistic and attainable thereafter presents the budget to the Board for approval
- Reviews constantly the ZNBC’s performance against set objectives and plans as given in the Corporation’s strategic plan and budgets.
- Ensures that necessary resources are marshaled to finance, equip and run the planned operations and capital projects
- Ensures continuous Improvement in quality and value of the Corporations radio and television services towards realization of the Corporation’s mission and vision
- Ensures that ZNBC has an effective management team that actively participates in the development of management and succession planning (including the DG’s own position).
- Chairs weekly Executive meetings with Directors and Regional Controller chairs and superintends over procurement committee meetings.
- Prepares and presents to the Board and relevant Government bodies objective periodic reports on the Corporation’s affairs/performance and related issues for information and decision making.
- Also attends to important stakeholder queries emanating from Government, the Public and Donors.
- Controls and co-ordinates the activities and functions of the Corporation in enhancing efficiency and effectiveness thereby ensuring that the Corporation’s assets are protected, fully utilised and well maintained.
- Supervises subordinates and agrees. monitors and reviews their performance to ensure that they meet their agreed objectives/targets.
- Exercises the powers and duties generally exercised by a Chief Executive Officer os delegated and undertakes any other duties as may be assigned by the Board of Directors.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
i. First Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Mass Communication or related field.
ii. Business Post Graduate Masters qualifications such as an MBA.
iii. Minimum of 10 years experience at senior management level
iv. Must be in good standing with relevant professional body, (where applicable)
Personal Competencies and Attributes
i. Good strategic and business planning skills.
ii. Good interpersonal and influencing skills.
iii. Excellent communication skills, as the job holder has to interact at the highest level with major stakeholders.
iv. Proven leadership, management and People skills.
v. Able to galvanize the entire Corporation into achieving results.
Interested Zambian Nationals meeting the above requirements should apply. giving two traceable work and professional references, enclosing photocopies of certified Academic and Professional certificates, NRC, latest Resume and o contact phone number to:
The Board Chairperson
ZNBC Board of Directors
P.O BOX 50015
Mass Media Complex
All applicants will be appreciated for interest shown in wanting to join the Corporation. However, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. Those that had responded to our earlier advert are encouraged to apply as well. Closing date for receipt of application letters is Friday, 30 September, 2022 at 17.00 hours