Chambeshi Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited (ChWSSC)
Chambeshi Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited (ChWSSC), is the Utility Company based in Northern and Muchinga Provinces of Zambia providing water and sanitation services under the provision of the Water and Sanitation Act No. 28 of 1997.
The vision of the Company is be “National Best Water Supply and Sanitation Services” and whose mission is to “Sustainably provide quality water supply and Sanitation services to the satisfaction of the customer while embracing innovation and stakeholder support” with the focus to ensure quality and affordable water sanitation services.
To achieve this, the company endeavors to ensure that it has the adequate staff with the right skills.
The Company now invites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to fill the following vacancy:
1. DIRECTOR -COMMERCIAL SERVICES
Develops Commercial Policies and Strategies that support the achievement of revenue generation, water sales, sanitation and customer service. Formulates and directs timely policies, plans with regard to Marketing, public relations, and customer services so as to enhance realization of corporate objectives, and goals in a rapidly changing commercial environment
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Formulates and ensures implementation of Directorate Strategies and Annual work Plan for maximization of revenue generation and collection, and reduction of non-revenue water.
- Implements new sales strategies and ensuring departments follow industry best practice
- Ensure that the business development plans are developed and implemented
- Develops and reviews policies and procedures to ensure efficient implementation of commercial programmes and activities.
- Interpreting market trends and adapting to industry changes
- Ensures effective management of both materials and human resources.
- Oversees and monitors District performance and provide guidance to District management teams.
- Ensures that the revenue reconciliations between Commercial and Finance are timely done
- Ensures effective cost management within the districts
- Takes a leadership role in determining revenue and expenditure budgets for the division.
- Ensure effective company communications with the customers and public through a pro-active public relations program
- Carry out manpower development in the department to ensure availability of the needed skills to meet the expectations of the stakeholders
- Manage and encourage staff, optimizes their outputs and effectively manages relationships in order to achieve organizational goals.
- Ensure that individual performance targets, skills assessment and development targets are set and appraisals undertaken with the supervisors in accordance with the performance management timelines in order to enhance individual and organizational performance.
- Manage and encourage staff, optimizes their outputs and effectively manages relationships in order to achieve organizational goals through setting of annual performance targets and conducting performance reviews in a timely manner
- Prepare accurate routine marketing and public relations reports required by the supervisor on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Performs any other duties as delegated by superiors
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 (Form V) School Certificate including Math & English.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/ Economics, Business Administration or equivalent from a recognized university/institution.
- Master’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
- Proven Business Knowledge and practical experience in an engineering industry or Company.
- Paid up member of the ZIM or related professional bodies.
- Minimum of 8 Years practical work experience in a reputable institution at Managerial level
- Knowledgeable with Municipal Billing system
- Must be knowledgeable in accounting package such as pastel
- Strategic /Business planning skills
- Highly developed leadership and management skills
- Computer literacy.
- High analytical skills and proven business acumen.
How to Apply
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 30th July, 2021. ChWSSC provides equal employment opportunities and those who meet the above qualifications and are interested can forward their applications, CVs and certified copies of their Academic and Professional Qualifications to:
The Managing Director
Chambeshi Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
P.O. Box 410397