First Quantum Minerals
About the job
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose:
To manage the Dipper Tray major repairs to provide your internal customers a service in the field and in the workshops to an agreed acceptable level of performance at the lowest sustainable level of cost.
Specific Job Responsibilities
The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include;
- To manage the activities of the Dipper Tray Section in order to provide workshop support services to the Sentinel Mine site.
- Create personal KPI aligning to Organisation/Section target
- Create a Scope of Work on each Component.
- Full interpreting of Welding Procedure Specification.
- Produce a Technical Report to Valuable component’s after repair to meet QA-QC.
- Maximizing the utilization of the resources to achieve cost savings, continuous improvement initiatives, and utilization of synergies throughout the area.
- Manage the activities of all Dipper Tray major repairs to ensure the application of appropriate levels of safety and productivity are maintained in order to meet safety, cost and productivity targets.
Job Specific Competencies And Attributes
- Instilling a culture of continuous improvement as opposed to maintaining status quo.
- Build and maintaining networking in all departments
- Up-skilling the available labour force so that the resource overall skill level matches the scheduling requirements.
- Instilling the Supplier / Customer work approach within the Dipper Tray Section.
- Analysis of Overhaul versus replacement is conducted and acted upon within authority levels.
- Prioritizing tasks within the weekly plan.
- Making clear judgments on which issues will impact on the Section and which of these issues should be escalated.
- Good supervisory skills
- Good communicator.
- Good problem solver.
- Adaptable to company requirements.
- Upholding quality.
- Technical skill.
- Driving quantity.
- Driving attendance.
Qualifications And Experience Required
The job will require knowledge, skills and experience in the following areas:
- Minimum Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum Diploma in Metal Fabrication
- Possession of a welder coding certification
- Certification as a Welding Inspector, minimum Visual Welding Inspector level 3.0
- Knowledgeable of MS Office and Pronto or other enterprise systems.
- Hands on mechanical trade skills and experience with heavy fabrication and bucket dipper and tray relining will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience in a large open pit mining operation
- Demonstrable experience with maintenance management systems will be an advantage.
- Experience with heavy fabrication in mobile equipment, shovels and heavy wear packages installation fit outs.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a maintenance role.
- At least 2 years in a supervisory role will be an advantage.
- Familiar to AWS D14.3/D14.3M (Earthmoving, Construction, and Agriculture Equipment).
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.