Lafarge Zambia is the leading supplier of building materials and major construction solutions provider in Zambia and the regional market. The Company operates a network of facilities, which includes two integrated cement plants (with a combined capacity of 1,500,000 tonnes per annum) in Chilanga and Ndola, and distributes by road and rail to all corners of the country and southern Africa.
Lafarge Zambia Plc is a member of LafargeHolcim Group, which is reinventing how the world builds to make it greener and smarter for all. LafargeHolcim is a global leader in recycling waste as a source of energy and raw materials through products like Susteno, its leading circular cement. LafargeHolcim’s 70,000 employees are committed to improving quality of life across more than 70 markets through its four business segments: Cement, Ready-Mix Concrete, Aggregates and Solutions & Products.
Joining Lafarge Zambia means being part of a successful international Group that builds its business strategy around product innovation. For LafargeHolcim, People Development is an investment in the future. Training and skills development means employees can take control of their own careers; everyone builds their own rich and diversified career portfolio. You hold the keys to your success!
Lafarge Zambia is looking to recruit a dynamic, motivated, enthusiastic and qualified individuals to take up the following roles:
Overall Mission of the Role:
The incumbent will have the responsibility of maintaining and repairing Heavy Mobile Equipment (HME),
including running diagnostic tests on all diesel powered machines/vehicles, maintaining detailed
maintenance record and upholding world class mobile workshop maintenance/safety Standards.
- Carrying out daily inspections on Heavy Mobile equipment
- Carryout scheduled OEM maintenance on all Diesel Machines
- Preparing equipment and tools to be used.
- Carrying out corrective planned maintenance.
- Maintain all critical service parts (Original or OEM) in stores
- Ensure all reference OEM manuals for every equipment are filed in Technical Documentation
- Attend to breakdowns quickly
- Maximizing equipment efficiency through modern Condition Monitoring Techniques
- Fault finding on Loaders, Cranes, Diesel Generators, light Vehicles, Locomotives and Bulk
- Completing work orders in CMMS (Maximo)
- Performing ad hoc duties as and when required
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out in line with company H&S procedures and advisories
including suitable risk assessments, safe systems of work and permits to work.
Qualifications, Experience and skills required:
- Applicants must be in possession of Advanced Craft Certificate or Diploma in Mechanics/HER
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in fault finding, maintenance & repairs of HME/mobile crushing
equipment for Diploma holders and 5 years for Technicians
- Must be a registered member of EIZ
- OEM Specialised Certification training on FELs/TLBs will be added advantage
- Proven abilities in Math, reading, mechanical aptitude and logical thinking
- Knowledge of safety equipment, rules and regulations.
- Experience in mining/quarry environment would serve as an advantage.
- Applicants must be willing to work irregular hours.
- Must be able to read hydraulic schematics and electrical drawing.
- Strong technical knowledge of mechanical and electrical equipment
- Multi-discipline mechanical knowledge
- Must be a team player.
- High levels of accuracy.
- Reliable and self-driven
Interested applicants may send their application letters and Curriculum Vitae to the under listed no later than Thursday 10th June 2021. Applicants do not need to send copies of their qualifications at this stage.
Applicants should ensure that the position they are applying for is clearly written in the subject of the email. Only emailed applications will be accepted and should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.