Prudential Life Assurance Zambia (PLAZ)
Business Unit: Prudential Life Assurance Zambia(PLAZ)
Business Function: Corporate Business
Reports to: Credit Control Manager
Position: Deputy Manager – Credit Control
Job Type : Full Time
Job Purpose & Scope
The Credit Control officer will be responsible for credit control and debt collection for the LBU and will support the Credit control Manager in the debt management process.
The role will be responsible for following:
- To be accountable for premium collections and debt recoveries against set targets in line with the strategic plan
- Submits weekly reports on debtors’ performance.
- Assist in balancing accounts receivables and performing reconciliations .
- Communicate effectively with brokers and direct clients, as well as send out client statements monthly.
- Prepare suspension/demand letters for clients that delay to pay premiums.
- Monitor debt owed to the company and follow up with brokers and direct clients.
- List debtors that should be notified of suspension and cancellation of cover.
- Prepare suspension notices for clients.
This will include, but will not be limited to:
- Monthly reconciliations of brokered accounts.
- Reconciliations of accounts as and when queries occur.
Review of new client assessment forms and account creation
Do background checks on new clients and review their proposed Payment Plan.
Create new accounts for client invoicing.
- Oversee all raising of the debit and credit notes
- Ensure that receipting of premiums is done weekly and receipts sent to the clients
- Send a schedule on a daily basis to Finance of POPs collected from clients.
- Filling and other duties assigned.
Debtors Reports and Meeting
- Reviews and submits weekly reports on debtors’ performance
- Prepare accurate and timely Debtors’ Report for the weekly meeting
- Reviews Receivables Age Analysis for accuracy and completeness
Core Competences Required:
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Be able to communicate very well in person, via email or on phone
- Be very focused and goal oriented
- Be strong willed and not easily deterred
- Have analytical skill of balancing collection forecasts with company forecasts
- Be able to use word, excel and power point
- Good numeracy skills
- Confidence and tact to place pressure in order to meet collections
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Degree in Finance/Economics/Full ACCA /CIMA. Insurance qualification is an added advantage.
- Experience: 3 years experience in credit environment.