Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board (HELSB)
The Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board (HELSB) is a statutory body established by the Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Act No. 31 of 2016 which has provided for the administration, granting, payment, recovery of student loans and investment provided for the administration and granting of scholarships: facilitated for mobilization of financial resources for loans and scholarships, and provided for matters connected with or incidental to the foregoing.
In fulfilling its mandate, HELSB is inviting competent, enthusiastic and qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Deputy Director (Operations) – 1 Position (3 Years Fixed-Term Contract)
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Deputy Director Operations)’s responsibility is to manage the development of systems for the administration of loans and scholarships and to manage the design of information, communication and technology in order to facilitate the award, disbursement and recovery of loans and the award of scholarships
- Manages and coordinates the periodical development and review of policies, regulations and guidelines in order to guide the award of loans and scholarships
- Managers and coordinates timely administration of loans and scholarships in order to facilitate granting of loans and scholarships to eligible students:
- Manages and coordinates the periodical development and review of Loans Disbursement and Recovery System in order to facilitate loan disbursements, recoveries and fund sustainability.
- Manages and coordinates timely development and review of the Selection Criteria in order to enhance transparency, fairness and equity in the selection and award of loans and scholarships to eligible and deserving students
- Manages and coordinates timely screening and analysis of applications in order to facilitate awarding and granting of loans and scholarships
- Manages and coordinates timely preparation of Loan Disbursement and Recovery Reports in order to provide information for decision making
- Manages and coordinates the design, implementation and maintenance of information, communication and technology systems in order to facilitate user access to e-services and enhance efficiency in loan and scholarship administrations
- Manages and coordinates regularly the maintenance and updating of the Loan Disbursement and Recovery databases in order to facilitate storage, retrieval and processing of information
- Manages and coordinates effectively strategic collaborations and linkages with agencies offering scholarships and other key stakeholders in order to increase student financing, widen beneficiaries and enhance transparency and accountability in the award of loans and scholarships
- Manages and coordinates timely preparation of departmental budget in order to facilitate timely acquisition of resources
- Manages and coordinates timely monitoring and evaluation of departmental programmes in order to assess their impact and facilitate the development of appropriate Interventions
- Manages and coordinates timely development of departmental work plans and implementation of Annual Performance Appraisal System (APAS) in order to monitor, evaluate and enhance performance; and
- Manages effectively human, financial and other resources in order to facilitate achievement of departmental objectives
Qualifications and Experience
- Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Public Administration, Computer Science or its equivalent
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA), Economics, Statistics, Public Administration, Computer Science or its equivalent
- Minimum relevant pre-job experience of 8 years of which 4 years should be at senior management level.
Skills and Attributes:
- Able to write technical and analytical reports
- Able to communicate fluently in English and
- Should have Management skills, Analytical skills, Interpersonal skills Computer skills, Integrity, Tact and Diplomacy.
The preferred candidate must demonstrate strong leadership skills and competences to be able to supervise a team of diverse professionals
Candidates who meet the above Job Specifications and Competencies, Skills and Attributes should send their application letters, attaching their detailed Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of NRC, academic qualifications, professional and any other relevant documents to:
Please specify your contact details including phone number(s) and note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Chief Executive Officer
Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
P.O. Box 50464
or Hand delivered to:
2nd Floor United Church House,
No.8 Mosi-oa-Tunya Road,
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 9th July, 2021.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia