Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board (HELSB)
The Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board (HELSB) is a statutory body established by the Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Act No. 31 of 2016 which has provided for the administration, granting, payment, recovery of student loans and investment provided for the administration and granting of scholarships: facilitated for mobilization of financial resources for loans and scholarships, and provided for matters connected with or incidental to the foregoing.
In fulfilling its mandate, HELSB is inviting competent, enthusiastic and qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Deputy Director (Human Resource and Administration) – 1 Position (3 Years Fixed-Term Contract)
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Deputy Director (Human Resource and Administration)’s responsibility is to manage and coordinate human resources, administrative and logistical support services in order to ensure effective operations of HELSB.
- Manages and coordinates the periodical development and implementation of HR Strategy policies in order to provide effective support to the operations of HELSB;
- Manages and coordinates effectively, human resource management functions in order to enhance staff morale and optimize utilization of human resource in HELSB;
- Manages and coordinates effectively, human resource development functions in order to facilitate staff development and enhance staff performance and wellness
- Manages and coordinates timely provision of administrative and logistical support services in order to facilitate efficient and effective operations of HELSB
- Manages and coordinates timely monitoring and evaluation of departmental programmes in order to assess their impact and facilitate the development of appropriate interventions
- Manage and coordinate timely preparation of departmental quarterly annual reports in order to facilitate informed decision making
- Manage and coordinate effectively, the development of work plans and implementation of the
- Annual Performance Appraisal System (APAS) in order to monitor and evaluate performance; and
- Manage effectively, human and other material resources in order to facilitate achievement of departmental objectives
Qualifications and Experience
- Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource, Public Administration or its equivalent.
- Master’s degree in Human Resource, Public Administration or its equivalent
- Minimum relevant pre job experience of 8 years of which 4 years should beat senior management level.
- Must be a full member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management (ZIHRM)
Skills and Attributes
- Able to write technical and analytical reports.
- Able to communicate fluently in English and
- Should have: Management skills, Analytical skills, Interpersonal skills Computer skills, Integrity, Tact and Diplomacy.
The preferred candidate must demonstrate strong leadership skills to spearhead systems development and capacity building and well vest with change management skills
Candidates who meet the above Job Specifications and Competencies, Skills and Attributes should send their application letters, attaching their detailed Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of NRC, academic qualifications, professional and any other relevant documents to:
Please specify your contact details including phone number(s) and note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Chief Executive Officer
Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
P.O. Box 50464
or Hand delivered to:
2nd Floor United Church House,
No.8 Mosi-oa-Tunya Road,
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 9th July, 2021.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia