Avani Hotels and Resorts
Refreshingly understated, contemporary and simple. Whether you want a leisurely family break or romantic escape, AVANI hotels and resorts provide the right space for relaxed and inspired comfort. Discerning service, relaxed dining and engaging recreation facilities for all guests are a given.
Members of the Kitchen Department are responsible for ensuring that all visitors to the hotel are delighted by the quality, creativity, and variety of our food and beverage offerings in every area of the hotel, and that F& B is regarded as a strong point of differentiation for the hotel in its local market. A Demi Chef de Partie is responsible for the oversight of all culinary dishes that are prepared in their section. Because of this, a successful Demi Chef de Partie must be very knowledgeable about their specialty, as well as culinary functions in general. A person in this role must also be very organized and comfortable working in a high-pressure environment. A Demi Chef de Partie must also be able to give orders within their section, as well as reliably carry out orders handed down to them by the Sous Chef and Head Chef.
• Diploma in Food production or any culinary Hotel management course
• Must have worked at least one year as a Demi Chef de Partie in Hotels and Restaurants
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
• Strongly committed to teamwork and customer service
• Eye for detail to achieve operational excellence
- Full grade twelve (12) certificate