Data Science Engineer (Full – Stack Data Scientist)
PremierCredit is Zambia’s leading and fastest growing International financial technology (fintech) company operating in emerging markets in Southern Africa. The company operates an online microlending and Investment platform for small businesses and individuals, making financial services inclusive, accessible, and affordable.
As part of our expansion plan, we are inviting applications from suitably qualified, experienced, ambitious, self-motivated individuals to apply for the position of Data Science Engineer.
The Data Science Engineer will play a pivotal role in designing, implementing, and maintaining data pipelines and architecture to support various business needs. The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in the analysis and processing of large datasets, a deep understanding of data structures and data stores, and expertise in the ETL process.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborate closely with the software engineering team to deliver standardized data for application systems, performing necessary data wrangling as needed.
• Manage and optimize database systems, ensuring compliance with industry standards and maintaining efficiency.
• Develop and maintain scripts to ensure the continuous availability of processed data streams for various company applications.
• Conduct exploratory analysis to identify key features necessary for model development.
• Build modern models to provide essential application metrics and guides, contributing to the efficient operation of company applications.
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics (Quantitative), Computer Science, Statistics, or a related field.
• Proficiency in R and Python programming.
• Experience working with large-scale databases in both relational and non-relational contexts.
• Understanding of modern statistical modelling techniques.
• Knowledge of the application of these techniques in Machine Learning processes and ML-driven models.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications, consisting of your cover letter and CV only in a single document, should be sent to [email protected]. Copies of certificates need NOT be attached.
Closing date for accepting applications is Tuesday, 13th February, 2024
* Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.