Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is a nationally registered NGO working with development projects within the field of education, health, agriculture and other poverty alleviation programmes. Projects are carried out in all the provinces of Zambia reaching over 1 million people. Key funding partners include the Government of Zambia, national and international development organisations (USAID, CDC, EU, Global Fund, WFP and others) as well as private sector organisations.
DAPP in Zambia is seeking qualified and experienced individuals to fill the following positions for the Total Control Epidemic (TCE) project tenable in the following Provinces: Lusaka; Southern; Eastern; Western.
To source, process, analyse data and provide reports to explain insights.
Key Duties and Essential Job Functions
- Collaborate with the M&E Officer, Data Clerks and all other staff in the project.
- Oversee activities of Data Clerks and ensure that the TCE DHIS2 database is up-to-date, keep track of the reporting tools and provide daily updates to the M&E Officer and Project Managers.
- Coordinate with the Program Offices to collect bi-weekly reports for each HF.
- Provide mentorship to field officers in data collection on reporting procedures, completeness of registers and clinical files, updating SmartCare to document community data and check that the data is consistent with physical registers.
- Liaise with partners at district level to ensure that all data reports from facilities tally and are accurate.
- Work with the DHIO, HF staff and M&E teams from other stakeholders in conducting triangulation of weekly and monthly reported data with data sources.
- Plan & conduct Data Quality Assurance (DQA) including implementation of routine DQMIS activities in Health Facilities and also participate in all district data review meetings.
- Prepare quantitative and qualitative reports for results at facility and district level.
- Document and communicate different data related issues and challenges from both SmartCare and physical registers prevailing in the health facilities in their respective districts to the TCE M&E team.
- Assist in identifying best practices and designing tools necessary to improve data management and utilization.
- Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation or its equivalent
- Knowledge of SmartCare is an added advantage
- One (1) year experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Have integrity
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective member of team player
- Quantitative and Qualitative skills
- Computer literate
- Adept in key punching
Applying for the Job
Qualified persons should submit a cover letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), by email to:
DAPP TCE South Provincial Office, Plot No: 175, Pemba, Livingstone Road, Hamazongo Area.
- Copies of certificates and other credentials must not be submitted at this stage.
- The position title must be indicated in the subject area of the email.
- The cover letter and CV must be one continuous document, and the applicants full names must be used as the file name for the document. Please indicate your current, or last salary and benefits in the cover letter.
- The closing date for receiving applications shall be 4th November, 2021.
DAPP is an equal opportunity employer. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.